The Accel kit came in today, I'm psyched. Everything looks good. And my low-pro Eddy TB linkage clears the rails with no spacer. (Sold off the shiny one...I don't like shiny). Drop base air cleaner also clears everything fine. I had to use a 1" spacer on the drop base to clear my fuel inlet on the carb, and the TB is 3/4" shorter than the carb, so I might even end up with more hood clearance with the single plane manifold than I had with the air gap! Bye bye stupid carburetor.

Current setup with the airgap & carb:

Unfortunately the AFR heads were not the new Eliminators, they were the old style. But I got a good enough deal on them that I got my money back after I sold them. Tony at AFR told me the older style would surrender about 30hp to the Eliminators on a 500hp engine. I was figuring maybe 450hp out of my 355, and it proabably would have been more like 430. Not even worth it when I'm making 400 now.

So, since I'm in the market for new heads and 195s don't really cost any less than 210s or 220s...a 421ci with a nice roller cam and AFR Eliminators should be an easy 550-575hp. Could even crack 600 if I get a little crazy with the cam & compression.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBC-CHEVY-42...&forceRpt=true