I am converting a 78 Toyota FJ40 with a 2F (I6) engine to TBI using a 1227747 ECM. I am using a AKSF 88 $42 4.3 man bin as a starting point with a $42-1227747 v5.2 ADX and a $42 1227747 v5.9.3 XDF. Vehicle has VSS and EST/Knock sensor, no EGR. Changes to BIN so far to make my 2F bin:

- BPW and SA Patch Applied
- EGR patch did not work but changed EGR parameters so it does not come on
- BPW adjusted for my displacement
- Changed INJ values to get SYNC fueling working per XDF

Status: Engine runs and idles pretty well (much to my amazement and due mostly to all the work by the GearHead-EFI guys over the years). VE tuning has not started (chassis not roadworthy yet).

Question 1: In changing from Async to Sync fueling, I changed the parameters recommended in the XDF in my BIN. Looking at the ASDU BIN (which I believe EagleMark used as a starting point even for V6 engines) the first two parameters are flipped. Not sure which is correct and pretty hazy on exactly what these parameters do. Which is correct and/or does it matter?

ASDU (V8) XDF Setting
Inj - Min BPW Usec 305 503.25 Usec
Inj - Min BPW Hyst Value 503.25 305 Usec
Inj - Max Async BPW 11999 11990 Usec
Inj- Min Async BPW 686.25 686.25 Usec

Question 2: Trying to understand Knock Retard (KR) and Burst Knock Retard (BKR). As I glean from the postings, KR is a retard based on sensing an actual knock and BKR is a predictive retard based on MAP or TPS delta.
Looking at ASDU and AKSF, both have the option for BKR unchecked and the BKR vs. coolant is zeroed out. This leads me to believe BKR isn’t enabled on either. Is this correct?
Also looking at the Min CTS to Enable on all 4.3 V6 bins for the 1227747 I have it shows the temp essentially maxed. Which tells me KR isn’t enabled on any of them. It is on the V8. This doesn’t make sense, the donor vehicle I got the setup from had a knock sensor and it is installed on my 2F. What is the correct interpretation and should I set the enable temp in a range where the KR works?

ASDU (V8) AKSF (V6)
KNK - Min CTS to Enable 58.25 140.75 Deg C
KNK - Min RPM to Enable 700 1000 RPM
KNK - Burst MAP Enable 33.97 10.35
KNK - Burst TPS% Difference Enable 19.92 %
KNK - Burst Knock Enable Time 0.5 Sec

Question 3. SA table and Coolant Comp SA table combination. The main SA table is in MAP absolute vs. RPM. The coolant Comp SA is in MAP vac vs. rpm. The XDF states “This is a 3 dimensional table, with coolant temp and map VAC (inverse of map Kpa), as the look up parameters.” I assume to convert you take MAP Absolute = 100-MAP vac? Exactly how do you add this back in the SA table? Nothing below 60 MAP and kind of interpolate between steps in Absolute MAP?

I would greatly appreciate any insight into these questions. I’ve tried to get most of my info from the previous postings but I am stumped on these.
Thanks in advance for any advice/clarifications.