Thread: moates xtreme aldl troubleshooting

Fuel Injected!

moates xtreme aldl troubleshooting

Hi
    was just finishing my first data logging session and was preparing to park the car but since it was dark outside, just before going into reverse, I closed the lid of the notebook. At that time I realized it was going to enter sleep mode, which is exactly what happened. I have no idea how the computer manages the USB connection but after I logged back in the TPro was reading erratic values. Some of them I think are correct . For example if I go to error codes page, I get all systems ok but randomly some fields show errors for a brief time.
    After that I’ve tried reconnecting, removing the Aldl, restarting windows and TPro but the same behavior persists. The car runs the same, no error lamps on the dash.
    My guess would be the data signal is corrupted because of some voltage oscillations caused by a failed microcomponent, and some packets get checksum errors.
    Another thing I can mention is the data refresh rate dropped from 8-10Hz to 3-6 Hz and the square next to it is randomly flashing red while counting errors like 3 every second.

The computer is running Windows 10, if that’s relevant and the car is a ‘91 Corvette
    Any idea what can be done?
    Thank you.
    PS
    TPro screenshot
    44042734-22B0-486A-84F3-07A4933E04C3.jpg
    Last edited by nilak; 01-02-2023 at 12:56 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I've tested it again today and initially it was getting errors but on a second attempt it started working normally at ~10Hz. Before that I'd tested the M pin signal on an oscilloscope and it was looking like a normal 5v digital square signal but I'd also noticed a flashing SYS message on the digital dash, that normally means the battery voltage is not normal. I have a lithium battery and the alternator has a module where I can set the voltage points. This was lowered by me at some point to try keeping the battery at around 80% SOC, but it was set too low, at 11.5V. I've set it up higher now, to 12.5V . Anyway, the datalogger malfunctioning is perfectly timed with the PC entering Sleep Mode, so it seems very unlikely that the battery low voltage caused it to go wrong.
    '91C4 ZF6