Thread: E-85

Electronic Ignition!

E-85

any users of E-85. just looking for feed back on anyone using E-85 for a year or longer, starting in winter? how consistent is it far as % of if you check regularly ? thanks for any useful replies

Fuel Injected!
    I am in central calif, our pump seems to vary between e50-e85. On the circle track cars I do, I have them buy racing e85 drums that are constant e85 and still have them check.
    This is an el-cheapo https://www.ebay.com/itm/26369279528...gAAOSwC6NiCpyf
    It gives a clue from race to race for our crapola.

With efi, you use a composition sensor and let the ECM/PCM do the work, done :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    It varies here as well but it always has higher octane than 93 pump gas. I have a 383 SBC in my 97 Express on it and had a 6.0L in an 87 G20 on it. The 6.0L is getting replaced with a 5.7L SBC and it too will be on E85. Both have P59s with Flex Fuel enabled and the $65 GM sensors. In that configuratiom the PCM varies both the stoichiometric value and interpolates the timing between Gas and Alcohol adder table. It fires right up even on a 0F morning. Both have fairly decent sized cams in them and are not the happiest on cold starts even with Gasoline anyway. Once they get a little heat in them they run great.

Electronic Ignition!
    thanks to all that replied :-)