Thread: TBI with flashable PCM

Carb and Points!

TBI with flashable PCM

Checking in and searching for option to install a GM TBI setup, on a 68 GMC, with a PCM I can flash versus dealing with chips.

One possible option is an aftermarket TBI computer from Dynamic EFI, EBL Flash II System: https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

The EBL Flash-II does away with the burning and swapping of chips

According to the link above, it appears the EBL Flash II System is Temporarily out of Stock

Take a look at the EBL Flash-II you can auto tune your VE table with it's VELearn utility. With a WBO2, you can tune better.
    http://dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

Edit: Beat me to it Dave,

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the replies. Just working on the plan right now so being temporarily out of stock isn't a concern.
    I was hopeful I could use a 411 PCM but I suppose that isn't an option?
    Last edited by WTO; 12-28-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTO View Post
    I was hopeful I could use a 411 PCM but I suppose that isn't an option?
    According to the "WEB", the '0411 can be configured to run with 4x CKP only / without CMP. According to the "WEB" the '0411 with 4x CKP only configuration is "Batch Fire". Typically, TBI injectors are low impedance. Typically, '0411 injectors are high impedance. Perhaps an '0411 TBI configuration is an Ohms Law challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    One possible option is an aftermarket TBI computer from Dynamic EFI, EBL Flash II System: https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

The EBL Flash-II does away with the burning and swapping of chips

According to the link above, it appears the EBL Flash II System is Temporarily out of Stock
    Bob says he's assembling a batch of Flash-IIs today. "Have tested boards and tested ECMs, just need to mate them, conformal coat, and do the final test and setup."

Fuel Injected!
    How does the 0411 work with the early 4l60?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    According to the "WEB", the '0411 can be configured to run with 4x CKP only / without CMP. According to the "WEB" the '0411 with 4x CKP only configuration is "Batch Fire". Typically, TBI injectors are low impedance. Typically, '0411 injectors are high impedance. Perhaps an '0411 TBI configuration is an Ohms Law challenge?
    Too much deviation from a factory engineered system for me. I'll get in contact with Dynamic and decide if that's the route, or just work with someone on burning a PROM for my configuration. Outside of the 411 being flash able I was looking to not have to mount the ECM in the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by WTO View Post
    Too much deviation from a factory engineered system for me. I'll get in contact with Dynamic and decide if that's the route, or just work with someone on burning a PROM for my configuration. Outside of the 411 being flash able I was looking to not have to mount the ECM in the cab.
    Pretty much all TBI computers are mounted under the dash behind the glove box. Vortec computers are mounted under the hood in the engine compartment.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ras"86 View Post
    How does the 0411 work with the early 4L60?
    If you mean, the 700R4 / 4L60M-not-E, the 12200411 does NOT.
    How could it? The 700R4 is a purely mechanical geartrain.
    From the pcm's point of view, any purely mechanical transmission may as well be a manual transmission (hint).

We see the similarities between the 700R4 & the 4L60E, but the pcm only sees the differences.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Fuel Injected!
    4l60E, 94,changing to a 98vortec. It may be just as easy to change to 0411 as to mpfi the 6395.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarky Dissod View Post
    If you mean, the 700R4 / 4L60M-not-E, the 12200411 does NOT.
    How could it? The 700R4 is a purely mechanical geartrain.
    From the pcm's point of view, any purely mechanical transmission may as well be a manual transmission (hint).

We see the similarities between the 700R4 & the 4L60E, but the pcm only sees the differences.
    I think it would control converter lockup. Shift points would still be controlled by the transmission governor and line pressure.