Thread: TBI with flashable PCM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WTO View Post
    I was hopeful I could use a 411 PCM but I suppose that isn't an option?
    According to the "WEB", the '0411 can be configured to run with 4x CKP only / without CMP. According to the "WEB" the '0411 with 4x CKP only configuration is "Batch Fire". Typically, TBI injectors are low impedance. Typically, '0411 injectors are high impedance. Perhaps an '0411 TBI configuration is an Ohms Law challenge?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    According to the "WEB", the '0411 can be configured to run with 4x CKP only / without CMP. According to the "WEB" the '0411 with 4x CKP only configuration is "Batch Fire". Typically, TBI injectors are low impedance. Typically, '0411 injectors are high impedance. Perhaps an '0411 TBI configuration is an Ohms Law challenge?
    Too much deviation from a factory engineered system for me. I'll get in contact with Dynamic and decide if that's the route, or just work with someone on burning a PROM for my configuration. Outside of the 411 being flash able I was looking to not have to mount the ECM in the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by WTO View Post
    Too much deviation from a factory engineered system for me. I'll get in contact with Dynamic and decide if that's the route, or just work with someone on burning a PROM for my configuration. Outside of the 411 being flash able I was looking to not have to mount the ECM in the cab.
    Pretty much all TBI computers are mounted under the dash behind the glove box. Vortec computers are mounted under the hood in the engine compartment.