Thread: IAT lo code 23

Fuel Injected!

IAT lo code 23

How do I disable this code? I don't have an intake air sensor and my CTS/IAT blend tables are all set to 100%. I'm trying to eliminate this as a potential cause of being unable to go into closed loop.

Before you ask, I did uncheck the boxes that enable code 23 & 25

My only other suspect is that I connected the brown wire from the LC-2 wideband to the first connector labeled 0 on the ECM, assuming it was for the narrow band reading. It only measures .10 to 1.1 volts between 14 & 15 AFR. I noticed the factory settings were 1.1 @ 14 & .10 @ 15. That seems backwards to me. Am I wrong?

The yellow wire is connected to the #1 connector and it appears to work the way it should.
    Last edited by Purv-Dawg; 11-25-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I also noticed the coolant temperature isn't updating on the wud unless I turn off the engine and restart. I'm not sure what to make of the issues.

In your WUD did you select File\Preferences\ADC Channels tab to select which channel you connected your WBO2 and which sensor you have? Then go to File\Preferences and select WBO2 (instead of BLM) in the VE Learn box?

I'm not sure about your CTS issue, sorry.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, that much is all correct. Thank you for the suggestion.

Does it matter if lambda is selected or AFR with the EBL? I don't think it does but I'm just double checking.

Looking at your 1st post, you have both the yellow and brown wires connected. You only need the yellow wire connected to the zero terminal and configure the EBL for it. Then run on it. You don't need a NBO2 to run in CL, the EBL will only work on one or the other when you select WBO2 or BLM. When you select BLM, it runs on the original NBO2 input in the ECM.

http://dynamicefi.com/ADC_Connect.php

WBO2 in EBL.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    I figured out the coolant temperature update issue. Apparently you can't turn the smoothing factor to zero or it doesn't update.

I have the yellow wire running on the second input, #1, and wideband selected. I selected none on the first slot, #0. I can switch the yellow to the first slot if you think that will make a difference. It's tuning well, it just won't go into closed loop for some reason.

While tuning you don't want it to go into CL.

To go into CL you need to set Closed Loop Threshold to something like 70° C (check to make sure your CTS is working properly) in Scalars. Then, in Tables check your BLM Min/Max is around 107 min and 148 max.

It's been a while since I ran VE Learn and may have forgotten more values that need changed between that and CL. There's instructions on DynamicEFI's website.

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah I am following the website directions, the instructions included in the installation disk, and instructions on thirdgen.

He says that you can tune in closed loop if that's the end goal. I'm pretty much finished with tuning in open loop so I'm needing to figure out why it's not closing.

Switching wires to make slot zero the wideband control had no effect.

The only other forum post I found that describes the same problem was fixed with a ground strap. I guess I will try running a new ground and cleaning up the sensor bung tomorrow in case one of those are causing the problem. Maybe I should contact innovate Motorsports

Hmmm, I wonder if you're not going into CL due to your IAT code?

Fuel Injected!
    I wondered the same thing. Someone tells how to disable it in the thread at thirdgen but for some reason it's not working

Fuel Injected!
    Just to let you know the solution to this problem is that you can't run the narrowband emulator wire to the ebl directly, like you do the wideband wire. You have to run the narrowband wire directly to the same wire that the original NB is run to. In thus case, it's the brown wire on the LC-2 to a purple wire with a white stripe. Hopefully this eventually helps someone.

Glad you got it!