Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moates is closed

Fuel Injected!

Moates is closed

http://www.moates.net/

I wish them well in whatever they decide to pursue, I have enjoyed their products over the years.
    -Carl

Perhaps the Moates.net YouTube will be available going forward? https://www.youtube.com/@craigmoates

Fuel Injected!
    I hope so, thanks for that link. I just bought a quarterhorse for an EECV I am doing, luckily I got it right before they were discontinued. On bench it seems to work flawlessly and I will be doing some live tuning on a 2000 mustang with it after Thanksgiving. I sure enjoy my roadrunner the few times I have used it.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    WOW... i had been thinking a week or 2 ago that with all their major products discontinued why even keep going. Guess i saw the writing on the wall and put an order in of some stuff i may need in the future , wish I would have gotten more now. I am also glad that i bought an ostrich2 back in 2021. i have had their aldl cable and burn2 for
    over a decade now ...
    Last edited by tayto; 11-26-2022 at 06:44 AM.

Administrator
    Craig was one of the pioneers when it came to creating and selling components to help car guys tune their cars and improve performance. I believe the first thing he did for the community was to sell component kits for the DIY-WB O2 driver and display at the end of the '90s. He's done an awful lot for the community over the years and it's been a pleasure to be able to refer to his products and his website. I wish him the best of luck.

Hi, Im new here, was looking for the tools needed to start with this, but with motes out of the game what options do we have to buy the connectors and tools to burn chips?

Electronic Ignition!
    This really Sucks, isn't the moates stuff the only thing we can use. How else could you burn or swap chips out without Moates. I got my 350 in my van running great with Tuner Pro, but how can we use Tuner Pro with out the Moates hardware ??

There are options for burning OBD1 chips, more expensive and cumbersome.

Moates made burning OBD1 chips easy and affordable. Nobody embraces the requirement of using an Ultra Voilet light chip eraser on an EPROM and coming up to speed with an EPROM chip programmer that requires a crash course about chips and chip variants.

EEPROMS makes OBD1 chip programming affordable and easy.

Fuel Injected!
    There is other hardware, and new companies coming out with similar hardware that will work, The new burn2 replacement at boostednw.com seems to be the best choice, other non automotive eeprom burners wont have the same protocol support and direct integration with Tuner Pro like moates burn2 did
    Last edited by jlowens76; 01-30-2023 at 02:04 AM.

Batronix is alittle more expensive but great to do 27c & 2732s . Thanks Dave

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnshredder View Post
    This really Sucks, isn't the moates stuff the only thing we can use. How else could you burn or swap chips out without Moates. I got my 350 in my van running great with Tuner Pro, but how can we use Tuner Pro with out the Moates hardware ??
    The burner that I just got from boostednw.com works great with Tuner Pro. That was one of the main goals of the burner, direct integration with existing products, as it uses the same protocol as the burn2. You're not gonna get that with other "options" people speak of ��

Quote Originally Posted by btcpj62 View Post
    The burner that I just got from boostednw.com works great with Tuner Pro. That was one of the main goals of the burner, direct integration with existing products, as it uses the same protocol as the burn2. You're not gonna get that with other "options" people speak of ��
    Funny you only post here and on thirdgen in 3rd person and only promote your Boostednw site.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunedperformance View Post
    Funny you only post here and on thirdgen in 3rd person and only promote your Boostednw site.
    Your tinfoil hat does not suit you very well. I am a customer and I am only posting to support a business from which I got a product from and fully support and don't really get your incessant posting on any post or reply with anything related to them. Step outside, get some fresh air.. Your behaviour is concerning.
    Last edited by btcpj62; 01-30-2023 at 03:33 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by btcpj62 View Post
    Glad to hear, and Glad I could help you out today via phone!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlowens76 View Post
    Glad to hear, and Glad I could help you out today via phone!
    Second on this I just found out Moates was closed after I put the whole TBI system on my 283. Boostednw.com has the G2 chip adapters, chips, and they will install in your PCM. Sending mine out this weekend! https://boostednw.com/