Thread: Bosch Wideband sensor extension harness

Bosch Wideband sensor extension harness

Does anyone know where to find a Bosch Wideband Sensor harness, or what companies make them?

So far, I've only been able to find one business, in California that lists what I need, they have it under their Innovate Products heading, but I don't see it listed on the Innovate site, even though I seem to recall them making a product like that a while ago.

I'm working on a harness, where I would like to integrate the WBO2 harness into it. In actuality I have done that, but we decided to move to a different system (trading my Innovate for his PLX), since he just needs a basic WBO2 controller, to them log data through his Apexi Power FC. So it would be really nice to have the LC-1 controller inside the car, but plug into a short harness to then connect to the sensor.

What has anyone else found?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

My wide band O2 sensor is about 30 inches long to the LC-1 controller. I remember seeing one longer. HTH!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    My wide band O2 sensor is about 30 inches long to the LC-1 controller. I remember seeing one longer. HTH!
    Not at all...

I don't want a longer sensor, I want an intermediate connection, so that the controller will be inside the car, and if it needs to be replaced, it can be without messing with the harness. This is a car that is damn near a show car, so how things look and in the long run are paramount.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    You might not find a pre made sensor but that looks like the same basic sensor design we had on the Dynojet. We ended up splicing in a Volvo connector for cheaper sensors available locally. We lost a few of the original units due to water before we figured out what was happening. I may have a failed Dynojet / Bosch sensor around here if you're looking to make your own harness.

http://acdelcotechconnect.com/pi/wir...ails/6-cavity/
    Have a look at the PT2112 and the PT2043 and see if one looks like it would connect tot he sensor.

Here's a practical answer if you can't find an extension: Buy and install a sensor with a longer connector, say a Bosch 17090 with a 48" cable. Leave a short section of this harness about 18" from the sensor accessible in a way that isn't noticeable. Then if the sensor fails in the future you already have the original sensor, previously removed, as a replacement. Cut the long harness where it's accessible and install a repair pigtail (hopefully one of the ones above is correct). This gets the car on the road now and allows a relatively easy way to repair the part in the future for low cost.

hth
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1project2many; 08-21-2012 at 09:10 PM.