Quote Originally Posted by keigger73 View Post
what size cam did you swap in?
It's a Brian Tooley BTR Stage 2 with specs being 227/238 .620"/.605" 113.5LSA.
you may need a stall converter? I'm not sure what trans you're running or if it has some stall built into its converter? the stock 4L60E has 1650 but I'm not sure if that's your setup or not just my 2cents, hope you get it lined out
It's a ProTorque torque converter 3200 that I bought from tabbruzz from the Corvette forum. He's the reason that I got started down this path of self tuning my Vette. When I had my Vette tuned by Chuck of Westchester Corvettes, it took him 2 months plus I got it back with a bad trans. The car has 96,000 miles and I did drain and fill the trans once in it's life, but the fluid was black like motor oil black. This is the thread that started it. I bought a junk yard transmission that had been rebuilt in the past, but I doubt it was rebuilt to deal with more power. Took me 11 hours straight swapping the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
Hiya Dukenukem,
I am glad to hear you are making good progress. I had kinda been following you since you started this quest and noticed a difference in the vin numbers in your .bin files. Which vin is correct? I'm not sure it's an issue but the parameters area of the files between vins are quite different. Before I buy a vin cal, I'd like to make sure I am getting the right one :)
I might have uploaded a lot of bins from different sources to compare, but the one I'm using has the same vin as the tune I extracted that was done by Chuck. The thread that I learned to tune was here which ralmo94 helped me a lot with. I also got help from Pulse_GTO from LS1tech forum. Pulse_GTO was able to help me revert the transmission back to the way it was, even though I did adjust the tune a bit more aggressively since. There isn't a lot of information that helps with tuning with free software, so these threads are great for reference.