Thread: Need help getting car to idle when cold

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Uploading my latest idle tune. This one has a lot of changes for good reasons. Firstly I lowered the A/C idle because putting on the A/C did make the engine jump up a lot in idle, so I just made it nearly equal to P/N but 25 RPM higher instead of 100. I then messed with the timing for idle, because I did change the Drive timing to 25, but at 1200 rpm it was set higher for some reason. I made everything 1200 RPM and bellow set to 25, as I've tried 20 and 30 with poor results. Plus I changed the P/N timing as it was set to nearly stock, which was 18. So I changed that to 25 along with the rest of the power curve getting a 4 timing increase to roughly match Drive. I also changed it so when the engine RPM drops or increases it doesn't suddenly increase or decrease timing. I then altered the lean cruise mode so the timing is more aggressive when it activates, plus it runs more leaner too.

So far the results are much better. I can now start the car and drive it without worrying about it stalling. Turning on the A/C is a bit too much at the start but the more I drive it the less of a problem it is, as if the car learns with each time I drive it. The gas mileage is better, but it's weird as it's really good at 50 to 55 MPH like almost 40mpg, but drops to 22MPG when doing 60 to 65 MPH, but goes back up again to nearly 40 at 70 MPH. I'm sure once I have the wide band sensor I can better properly tune this, which is still in the plans. I may also in the future reduce the idle airflow as I have it set to 11, and that maybe too much as at times it feels like cruise control, but it's rare. When I get the wideband installed I'll probably drop that a bit but for now it idles and drives well so I don't want to mess that up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 05-29-2023 at 10:27 PM.