Thread: G1 and Ostrich 2 sources

Electronic Ignition!

G1 and Ostrich 2 sources

Anyone have another source for G1 adapter or the Ostrich 2 from Moates?
    They seem to be discontinued on the Moates website.
    Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    I would say you would have to find them used.

I just learned the same thing - the G1 is discontinued - and posted this in another thread. Anyone know details on why?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    I just learned the same thing - the G1 is discontinued - and posted this in another thread. Anyone know details on why?
    I can only speculate the why the G1 and other OBD1 products have been discontinued, but likely popularity or the lack thereof. As a guess, the minimum volume run of OBD1 products like the G1 were likely in the hundreds or possibly thousands of pieces per production order. It's seems likely that it would take a considerable amount of time (years) to recoup the investment of a volume production order of G1 adapters and related OBD1 products.

For the DIY PCB types, ExpressPCB is an option https://www.expresspcb.com/

NV_Weirenga_Large.jpg

Thanks Dave. What is the use of the PCB you attached to that last post?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Thanks Dave. What is the use of the PCB you attached to that last post?
    ExpressPCB is a CAD software to design a Printed Circuit Board (PCB). The picture has no relevance to a G1 or anything OBD1, it's simply showing a PCB CAD drawing.

Fuel Injected!
    http://support.moates.net/eol/

APU1: EOL Date 4/1/2022. This product is no longer available. We have no stock. We cannot get parts to build more. Ostrich2, BURN2, ALDU1+CABL1 do almost the same thing.
    Ostrich2: EOL Date 4/26/2022. We cannot get parts to build more. There is no immediate replacement.

Electronic Ignition!
    This is a real shame. I'd be lost without my Ostrich. I was just about to buy a few G1's too!

Carb and Points!
    They have both Ostrich2 and g1
    https://boostednw.com/

Fuel Injected!
    +1 they are doing great

Fuel Injected!
    that's awesome they are stepping up to the plate

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    that's awesome they are stepping up to the plate

Glad you feel that way as well as some others. I don't get the instant "hate" cause they are making similar products? Like it makes no sense, would you rather no one make nothing and it all go extinct? lol Yea lets not stifle things that are positive for the GM Community please, a certian 3 letter agency is trying to do that for the whole industry already

Fuel Injected!
    i always thought it was silly the moates chip burner couldn't do the knock off chips. i may have to sell mine and get one from boosted NW. i have not seen any hate on this myself.... maybe from the honda community?

EDIT: to be honest the last few years dealing with moates sucked. I don't know who replied their emails but it makes sense now that they just pulled the plug with no warning. thats all I can say....
    Last edited by tayto; 01-23-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    i always thought it was silly the moates chip burner couldn't do the knock off chips. i may have to sell mine and get one from boosted NW. i have not seen any hate on this myself.... maybe from the honda community?

EDIT: to be honest the last few years dealing with moates sucked. I don't know who replied their emails but it makes sense now that they just pulled the plug with no warning. thats all I can say....
    Yeah it appears its just a software why they could not burn the knock off ones, and at this point with genuine sst supply low ( like only one or 2 places have whats left of what was moates stock) it makes sense to get one that can burn the knockoffs as if they were real..

Yeah I haven't seen any hate here, just on a specific vette forum theres a couple members that are fighting a fight that's not even theirs, posting libel and defamation against the company and trying to stick up for moates when moates just up and abruptly left. Clearly he does not care so why fight a fight that isnt even yours and go AGAINST what is good for the community (someone thats willing to continue to make products for customers) Just is silly IMO.