Thread: ETC DBW Settiings?

ETC DBW Settiings?

I was going to change the [ECM] 33010 - Throttle Max Rotation % vs. RPM: & [ECM] 33012 - Throttle Max Rotation % vs. Pedal: Tables to try and get little better economy on a 2004 5.3 Silverado, I noticed the following 2 warnings from HP Tuners

[ECM] 33010 - Throttle Max Rotation % vs. RPM: Max throttle rotation in relation to RPM. WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable.
    [ECM] 33012 - Throttle Max Rotation % vs. Pedal: Max throttle rotation in relation to pedal. WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable.

My Question is, I thought the max rotation allowed was safe to edit, and the relative position curve was the dangerous one that might not jive with the TAC?
    How dangerous is it to edit these two tables?
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

I believe you also need to change the redundant tables by the same percentage if not you could brick your PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    I believe you also need to change the redundant tables by the same percentage if not you could brick your PCM.
    For the max rotation allowed?

Any table that has a matching redundant table.

I don't think I have any redundant tables defined in HPT.
    I played with some of these settings on a trailblazer once, but it was before I knew there was a possibility of bricking something, and if I remember correctly it wasn't a p59, it was an E38?

What OS are you using? I know I have defined a ton of DBW tables and may have something that can help you.

What OS are you using? I know I have defined a ton of DBW tables and may have something that can help you.
    OS 12606960

Are the Max Allowed Rotation Tables dependant on TAC combatability if set "less" than stock?

Thank you for any information you share

Fuel Injected!
    Not saying that it cannot brick a PCM, however I have changed these tables on many operating systems to alter the pedal response for larger throttle bodies and personal preference. My 8.1L powering my Tahoe has an Express van throttle map in the 8.1 Suburban PCM for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    OS 12606960

Are the Max Allowed Rotation Tables dependant on TAC combatability if set "less" than stock?

Thank you for any information you share
    I'm not sure about the rotation tables. I'm putting together an XDF for this OS, but you can use the XDF for the 7603 as all the ETC tables under Engine Calibration are in the correct location. I cannot comment on other parameter locations as I've not gone through the rest of it.

Carb and Points!
    I'm not sure about the rotation tables. I'm putting together an XDF for this OS, but you can use the XDF for the 7603 as all the ETC tables under Engine Calibration are in the correct location. I cannot comment on other parameter locations as I've not gone through the rest of it.
    Howdy, @Pulse_GTO

I am keen to know if you’ve progressed on the 12606960 XDF? I ended up needing to upgrade my 7603 to this one due to a fuel gauge issue. Have used your 7603 XDF before that, though. Let me know if I can help as I would be really appreciative of an XDF for 6960. Can provide a stock .bin of mine for you - it’s an L59/flex/3.73 suv. Saw you added some fan tables to the 7603. Really like your work! I think you’re Phoenix on the other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbta View Post
    Howdy, @Pulse_GTO

I am keen to know if you’ve progressed on the 12606960 XDF? I ended up needing to upgrade my 7603 to this one due to a fuel gauge issue. Have used your 7603 XDF before that, though. Let me know if I can help as I would be really appreciative of an XDF for 6960. Can provide a stock .bin of mine for you - it’s an L59/flex/3.73 suv. Saw you added some fan tables to the 7603. Really like your work! I think you’re Phoenix on the other forum.
    I am Phoenix on the other forum, name was already taken here, so I adapted.

I actually did already have a 12606960 XDF done, just never got around to sharing it, I'm attaching it here. Just remember to copy the checksum DLL file to your Tunerpro plugins folder so that Tunerpro can calculate the checksums, if not open and save the file in Universal Patcher and it will do it automatically for you.

I spot checked a bin for accuracy and it seems to be correct, but if you find anything that looks weird, post up and I'll see where I made a boo-boo.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    I am Phoenix on the other forum, name was already taken here, so I adapted.

I actually did already have a 12606960 XDF done, just never got around to sharing it, I'm attaching it here. Just remember to copy the checksum DLL file to your Tunerpro plugins folder so that Tunerpro can calculate the checksums, if not open and save the file in Universal Patcher and it will do it automatically for you.

I spot checked a bin for accuracy and it seems to be correct, but if you find anything that looks weird, post up and I'll see where I made a boo-boo.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
    Awesome! Many thanks. Did this XDF get the fan changes you recently did for 7603 here? Will check it out soon. Again, thank you.

@ralmo64 - sorry for the hijack.
    Last edited by mattbta; 03-06-2023 at 12:55 AM.