Thread: Hello to y'all

Carb and Points!

Hello to y'all

I'm new to the obd tuning scene don't quite understand how it all works from xdf files to bin or to write to pcm. I've got as far as turnerpro open and both my pcm read file and the file I found else where but no luck getting it threw checksums to write pcm. But anyway. I have a 2000 Silverado with a 2002 lm7 5.3. I'm using a obdlink mx+. Have a stage 2 cam and have rebuilt entire engine down to cam bearing. It has been a side project for a few years now and finally to the point where everything is coming together. Have had the hardest time to get the motor to run rite since it's a pcm and wire harnesses fuse box and motor from a avalanche and chassis harnesses for the 2000 Silverado 4x4 that was another part took me a while cause trans had to have a different output shaft for transfer case. But I believe I've got that all done except for encoder on transfer case cause it will not go in and got frustrated and had to move on to other things. But can't wait to maybe figure out this tuning thing so I can have the truck running top notch.
    Thank you
    Eli

The xdf is what decodes the file on your pcm for tunerpro to show you tables and such. In order to have it work, you have to have one for the correct os, or operating system number of your file. Checksum errors happen when you don't have the proper plugin for them in your plugin folder for tuner pro.
    There is another option called universal patcher. You can use it instead of tuner pro, it does not need an XDF file. You will probably want to use pcm hammer to read and write your pcm.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better