Thread: Anyone with a BTR Stage 2 cam installed?

Anyone with a Stage 2 cam installed?

I have a BTR Stage 2 cam installed on my 02 Corvette and wanted to see how other people tuned their cars with this cam. The specs are 227/238 .620"/.605" 113.5LSA. I uploaded my current tune for comparison. I wanted to know what is the spark advance setup. As it is right now the car will stall if the engine is cold when I shift to drive or reverse. My spark advance was done by Chuck Corvettes of Westchester.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-05-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Looks like 20 degrees of advance in the idle range of 400 - 1200 RPM and less than .32 cylinder airmass. This is not dangerous, should be fine. Probably a little on the low side in my experience. You need to look at engine vacuum or manifold pressure (typically in kPa) to determine the best spark advance at idle. Play around with the idle timing, I have seen it as low as 12 degrees of advance and as high as 40 degrees of advance. It all depends on the setup. 25-30 degrees of advance on a decent cammed LS engine is usually the sweet spot. As you change the spark advance at idle you will notice the engine vacuum changes as well. Generally more advance gives more vacuum - and more vacuum is indicated by a lower kPa/manifold pressure reading. You want to set the timing advance at whatever gives you the most vacuum, in kPa, again, with kPa numbers being closer to 0 indicating more vacuum (the kPa reading in outer space would be 0 kPa). A stock camshaft vehicle will idle with kPa in the mid 40's. Big cammed vehicles may idle with kPa in the 60s. The basic premise is to change timing at idle and look at the kPa. If it gets lower, that means the engine is making more torque at that amount of spark, and you will have more vacuum, and the idle quality and sound will probably improve.

All of that said, the spark is probably not the reason for stalling. It is more likely the idle air control system, bad fueling tables, or possibly the torque converter needs a higher stall RPM.

What mask are you using? Post the mask and I will look over a few things.