Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Help!!! SBC TBI Cant get over 2300 RPM

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Btw, the GQ 4x4 is only $92 US
    https://www.mcumall.com/comersus/sto...idProduct=4282

Have a look at additional adapters and other things for the future ;) I have no affiliation with this site. Like most of us, I am a tool junkie so I buy crapola all the time just to check it out. I am very happy with this product.
    Horray for china garbage?!

T48 [TL866-3G] Programmer (Ebay) will program just about any EPROM from 2708, 2716, 2732 (24pin), and 2764 through 27512 (28 pin) at any programing voltage up to 25V (Most of the older EPROMs use 21V). This and the Batronix are super options.

Carb and Points!
    Yeah personally I don't support direct foreign garbage. We buy American cars, Support American Muscle, and resort to that? Yeah no thanks! I got my Burner from BoostedNW.com it's a direct Moates replacement, even works in TunerproRT 20230129_121605.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by btcpj62 View Post
    Yeah personally I don't support direct foreign garbage. We buy American cars, Support American Muscle, and resort to that? Yeah no thanks! I got my Burner from BoostedNW.com it's a direct Moates replacement, even works in TunerproRT 20230129_121605.jpg
    What’s fully made in the USA anymore and who really cares . These suggested burners do more than the 27sf512 and are less money or the Batronix is equivalent cost. To do Aton more chips than a sst that’s definitely a better option.

Carb and Points!
    Nothing, but at least the devices themselves are US, and have support. Good luck getting the same from some mass produced. This burner does more than the 27sf512, does all the same chips the moates one did and more... please tell me what other chips are needed to be read/burnt for your GM?

Because it seems if your just talking about the fact it can write 4535043634 other chips your a little off topic as there are only a select few that need to be compatible for our GM Cars
    Last edited by btcpj62; 01-29-2023 at 11:42 PM.

If you’re all about American cars you would know the chips used.
    27c family and 2732 can not be burned with moates

Carb and Points!
    Yea you would also realize your comparing apples to oranges, Saying you cant ERASE/burn UV chips in a EEPROM burner is a no brainer. Lmfao

But they are fully readable in the burner I got

VNC-Viewer-6.22.515-Windows-64bit_192.168.2.144_(desktop-33m8blc)_-_VNC_Viewer_Fka4cvCDjQ.png

Also i have no idea why one would buy equipment for super old end of life chips, when you can just upgrade to flash chips and use something that is less of a hassle.
    Last edited by btcpj62; 01-29-2023 at 11:59 PM.

Yea you would also realize your comparing apples to oranges, Saying you cant ERASE/burn UV chips in a EEPROM burner is a no brainer. Lmfao

But they are fully readable in the burner I got

VNC-Viewer-6.22.515-Windows-64bit_192.168.2.144_(desktop-33m8blc)_-_VNC_Viewer_Fka4cvCDjQ.png
    Just saying for less money or equivalent you can get a burner that does both not limited to eeprom only that’s a no brainer

Carb and Points!
    Nobody should be burning UV Chips when there is flash equivalents and adapters available. That's the no-brainer.

I UV erase Memcal chips then reprogram the Memcal chip. Just like factory.

Memcal.jpg

Administrator
    I also will reprogram factory UV chip. It's a good option.

Carb and Points!
    Flash chips just seem a lot less of a hassle, especially for newcomers that are trying to start from zero, less barrier to entry, its like suggesting that someone new to computers go out and try to buy a APPLE II from the 90's and learn and use that, before they touch and learn any other computer.

Even tunercat.com advises against using original EPROMs

chrome_EPROM_PIN_OUTS_-_Google_Chrome_iJt5PQlzlw.jpg
    Last edited by btcpj62; 01-30-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    Just do whatever you want. I like having the ability to do ALL of it, shite, I have adapters to even do MB BGA's to 24 pin if I wanted to. And yes, the ability to program the stock memcal's without an adapter, like others, is invaluable.

Also, yes the 2732's can be a pain. You can read any of them easily...for programming, start at 12v, no go, go to 21v, and then to 24v till it verifies. Not an issue if you have equipment.
    Last edited by In-Tech; 01-30-2023 at 10:53 PM.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Hiya,
    Just do whatever you want. I like having the ability to do ALL of it, shite, I have adapters to even do MB BGA's to 24 pin if I wanted to. And yes, the ability to program the stock memcal's without an adapter, like others, is invaluable.

Also, yes the 2732's can be a pain. You can read any of them easily...for programming, start at 12v, no go, go to 21v, and then to 24v till it verifies. Not an issue if you have equipment.
    spray and pray.. classy. Or you could look at the data sheets, and see that a real 27C32 takes 25v to write, and a 2732A takes 21v. I don't think the spray and pray method is the greatest idea when dealing with electronics and voltages. I prefer facts and ease of use. I Use a newer flash chip and you don't have to worry about the erase, vs program voltage.

spray and pray.. classy. Or you could look at the data sheets, and see that a real 27C32 takes 25v to write, and a 2732A takes 21v. I don't think the spray and pray method is the greatest idea when dealing with electronics and voltages. I prefer facts and ease of use. I Use a newer flash chip and you don't have to worry about the erase, vs program voltage.
    The 2732's are a difficult PROM to burn. They were developed before the JDEC specifications were put together.
    The bad they’re not identifiable off numbers on the chip. The Batronix does well with chip id feature. A lot of the old tbi chips program
    as a nm27c32b.
    Last edited by Tunedperformance; 01-31-2023 at 03:57 AM.