Thread: Hello Everyone

Carb and Points!

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone!

Just saying hello. Figured I might as well share a photo of my 1995 Corvette, Dark Purple Metallic, LT1, 6-Speed, 88,000 miles (see attachment)

A little about myself:

I'm in my mid 20's, have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Washington State University, and have always had a passion for machines. I grew up around farming, and have spent many hours fixing and learning things from my father who is a mechanic.

My reason for joining:

I have been getting into doing a little bit of tuning on my Corvette. Mainly for better fuel economy a possibly slight power bump.
    Already have the ALDL cable, and have gotten the bin from the car using C.A.T.S., and have been trying to log data using TunerProRT

Found that this group had good definitions and adx's for this application, as well as a wealth of knowledge on these pre-OBDII cars.
    Link to post I'm referencing: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB

If anyone else has any other resources, links, or tips, I'm all ears. I've never tuned anything fuel injected, or even anything using a computer. I'm defiantly familiar with the core concepts of engine tuning, as well as having a solid technical background from my education.

Excited to learn!

Thanks for letting me join,

hmelgren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Vette!
    You might want to check out ecmhack.com.
    A member on here, Steveo has this site with a few tools that may be of use to you.
    Like Flashhack and EEhack.
    I don't have anything that uses those tools, but trimalyzer is very good and I have used it a lot.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better