Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: 350 with 30lb injectors

Also, how do I disable the cooling fans in the computer as I have it controlled by the Flexalite temp controller.
    Thanks.

Administrator
    IIRC there's an "enable temp" for EGR. Set it to the highest number to disable. Changing the injector number is easy. Look for injector rate single fire and injector rate double fire, or something similar. Changing that number is only part of the story without the corrections but it's going to be closer than a stock chip. There's no real need to disable the fans but you can set the enable temp to the highest setting to keep the ecm from trying to turn them on.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 08-28-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Ok that sounds easy enough. How about the EGR? And also which bin file would be best?
    350 stock bin for F car or the 350 Vette manual?
    Is adjusting the injector constant easily done?
    I'm still waiting for a reply on those injector corrections but no reply.
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Safest thing to do is adjust the single fire and double fire injector constants to 30# on a stock 350 F car calibration. APYU might be a good one to start with as it has 3.27 "performance" gears.
    I'd say spend some time working with Tunerpro. Open files, look at values, make some changes. You should be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEDRATED View Post
    Ok that sounds easy enough. How about the EGR? And also which bin file would be best?
    350 stock bin for F car or the 350 Vette manual?
    Is adjusting the injector constant easily done?
    I'm still waiting for a reply on those injector corrections but no reply.
    Thanks.
    He mentioned that a few posts ago.

Your all set up to do data and burn chips, your also lucky that 1project2many is willing to help you get going! A wealth of information is available to come your way and we will all learn from it. So just slow down a bit, make sure you read, follow instructions and you'll end up with not only a car that runs but some tuning skills!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

OK. Sounds good. I will start with that bin and play around. Again, thanks for the help. It is very much appreaciated. Sorry I repeated some questions, it's just that the forum and my emails timing was acting up and seemed off.
    Will post once I have played around with the 350 f car bin.
    Thanks gentlemen.

What I was able to find out is that the injectors are the OEM replacement specifications. So the same would hold true for the ACCEL injectors as it would be for any OEM application Ford, Chevy, Mopar.

This is what prestolite performance told me but doesn't sound right?
    What should I reply to him with?

Thanks.

Same info as needed earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    We need voltage corrections, small pulsewidth corrections, and minimum pulsewidth values.
    But it looks like beating your head on a wall will yeild more results, at least you would have a hole in wall and a sore head in the end.

You can tune what you have but you'll be chasing your tail trying to work out differences with OEM specs as there is only an ice cubes chance in hell they are correct. Tuning will be a guess here and a fudge there and even then may still having running/drivability issues in certain situations at the end, fix one and cause another... Just look at OEM Chevy, Ford and Mopar specs and they are all differant? Now if Accell would release this information (if they have it?) they would sell more injectors and tuning results would be worth the effort.

By the time you paid to have the injectors tested and documented you could have bought a set of Chevy or known spec injectors.

Again look at link I gave earlier to see voltage offsets, they are so differant between known Accell injectors? and all others... most are dialed in to 14 volts at 1.00 but at 13.8 could be 1.00 or .98 or 1.02 so 4% difference in a .2 volt span, how far off are they going to be at 13.5? Or during cranking? Or if all accessories are on at idle and only 12.5 volts? Try to get a good idle there when voltage offset is changing fueling by 10% or so?

You can still start working on your tune to get running and learning, changing injectors or getting specs in end will reduce chasing issues related. Just stick to basics of tune.

Before that does the motor need 30lb injectors? What is approx HP rating? Use a calculater or spreadsheet with that HP and calculate the need for fuel and pressure, keeping near stock pressure and matching to correct size injector is the easier path.

Whatever you do in meantime do not run motor WOT until you know you have enough fuel to support it, including injector size, fuel pressure and pump to keep fuel pressure there at WOT/high load. A perfect tune that does not have enough fuel WOT will run lean and melt pistons etc... if you don't have enough fuel for WOT it is a waste of time to make a tune idle and drive!

-= =-

I understand what you are saying and right now the car has way more than enough fuel at WOT. I am still trying to get the specs but if not maybe I can try going with the stock specs. Maybe there is an ice cube in hell LOL. I am estimating about 425-450 HP. The car has a high flow pump and I really don't want to change the injectors and would rather try to get the tune done with the car the way it is.
    I still have to try to modify the 350 F car bin but have been really busy lately with work and ball hockey lol.
    As soon as I get a chance I will try to modify the stock bin and log the car and post it up here.
    Thanks.

Using a calculater at this link:
    http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

You do not have enough injector to support 425 to 450HP... still comes out to 31.xxpph injector for 400HP...

-= =-

Here is what SD concepts replied with:

"There is no "set in stone" voltage correction.* We calibrate many oem pcm's with the same size injectors and they all use different curves.* The easiest way for us to help is to talk with your calibrator -*have him call here around 1pm to talk with Scott."

I guess that maybe I will just try with the stock voltage corrections. I sent an email back asking to talk to this guy Scott. Not sure what he will say.

Administrator
    No set in stone correction? That's interesting. Unless they misunderstood what you were asking for, there is a series of numbers which characterize the variation between the theoretical amount of fuel delivered for a given injector "on" time and the actual amount of fuel delivered. Since the injector is a voltage triggered device, there is also a curve which defines how changes in voltage affect delivered flow. It's all based on the injector, not the ecm. There are different ways to express these values, but the injector behaves the same no matter how it's described. You're using a GM OBDI ecm which has entries for "small PW corrections" and "voltage corrections." The specific entries for each of those categories can be viewed in TP so you might want to open a .bin in TP and have those tables handy before making your call.

I believe he understood what I was asking for.
    Here is another reply when I said that I really need those voltage corrections on the injectors:
    Scott also said there is a generic curve in the program already that should be "good enough" and he thinks there might be somethine else going on.* That's why he wants to talk in person on the phone.

I will call at 1pm today.

He also said this:
    Scott*saw your first email and*I responded with*what he translated.
    Unfortunately, there is no set voltage correction.* Scott said he can explain the process to you*instead*of*your tuner on how to "set it" or "check it" for your specific application over the phone if you want to call us instead of having your tuner call us.

Again I will call at 1pm to see what he has to say. This will be interesting. I'll keep u posted. LOL.
    I will talk to him and if I get lost I will ask him to send me an email with his explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I downloaded calmap, their DFI tuning software, and loaded up a cal from Accel using their 30# injectors. Bad luck, though. Unless you've got a magic key you can't see those values. Wish I knew someone out there with the pro version.
    Seems like the information is there? Tell him you have gone as far as this to get it.

-= =-