Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 350 with 30lb injectors

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by delcowizzid View Post
    the maf grams drops out a lot at steady throttle especially around 2400rpm every time.also injector pulsewidths are going down as rpm rises LOL
    lol mhmm amazing bin to watch huh.. much like a train wreck, you wanna look away but you just cant

your engine is verry similar to a build I live tuned a few weeks ago. start with a apyp set the injector constant to 30#hr for single and double fire. I actually ended up adding 3% fueling in maf 1-4 and .06 to AE. It was dynoed a few days later and had picked up 40hp and 20tq :)

Xtreamvette, I am going to call him today and tell him that I am not happy again with this bin, looking at our logs on your ZZ4 bin does it seem like the O2 is working ok? As for the first $6E bin that you guys are saying probably runs good when warm because it is going into closed loop, I don't think so. I believe that if I disable closed loop that it would still run good when warmed up, I don't believe that is what is making it run better when warm.
    Either way after you guys looked at it you said that it looked all wrong anyways.
    Xtreamvette, my tuner only does this stuff for the summer and is heading back up north because he is a teacher, I'll see what happens in the next week. Would really want to continue on with that ZZ4 bin of yours and see where we get if you have the time, no rush, doesn't have to be done in a week I can burn and run logs whenever you have time to edit the bin. Thanks.
    Last edited by ZEDRATED; 08-16-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Tunedperformance, do you have a bin I can try?

Six_Shooter, maybe my best bet is to pay you to have you tune it since you are closet to me, about a 1 hour drive away. If I can't figure this out would you be interested in doing it?

Another question, if you look at the Aug14 log I posted on the latest tuners bin, the O2 sensor is always close to 1V but yet on his WBO2 sensor it was close to 14.7:1 and I was there and saw this so something is obviously going on with my O2 sensor?
    Xtreamvette, in the logs I did for you with your ZZ4 bin file the O2 was switching high and low voltage but maybe the actual AFR is way off???

Don't assume that because it's a Wide Band that it's automatically correct.

Where is the WBO2 placed when he's taking readings?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I welded a bung right after where the y-pipe meet before my hollowed out converter.

It also sounds like he's tuning for a number on his WBO2, instead of giving the engine what it wants.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Well I told him that the car really stinks when coming to a stop light and idling, smells like raw fuel and I didn't want that.

OK so it's not tuned right and everything is hacked to get the best numbers he could for the Dyno, data log looks horrible, you've been told it's a hack job you were ripped off on? Are we on the same track?

And all your worried about is it smells bad? Yes it smells bad it smells LIKE BS!!! You wanted your car tuned and all you got was BS!!!

Why are you going by AFR on his WB? Who knows if it is set up properly? Nothing else is? And there's no way to tune fuel that is stoich at 14.13 to 14. 7x unless it was done OL, the NB O2 sensor adjusts to Stoich of fuel, not 14.7 to 1...

Change your injectors to ones that are sized to the motor and have Injector spec sheet so the calibration can be set up and tuned properly. Get your money back from him and split it with us who have been trying to help you and we will finish this!

DAM IT!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I can't believe that someone cannot tune this car exactly the way it is!

Bring it to me and I can. But there is no way in the world I'd ever attempt to tune a vehicle with unknown injector specs through mail or data logs. Actually I'd never do another Accell 30 lb injector again even in person.

Before you tune a car you calibrate the tune/bin = insert engine size, cylinders, injector size and calculated from pressure, Injector Vs Batt offsets etc... then it is set to do data log tuning. Now you have a good drivable car and the last thing you do is DYNO for max HP!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

And there is nobody around who ever figured out the Batt offsets for these injectors? Why would they sell an injector that cannot be tuned. Also, I don't think 30lb is to crazy for my set up, a 24 lb injector may have to go right up to 100% duty cycle, the motor perfectly tuned and perfect conditions should make over 350HP with the GM hot cam.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEDRATED View Post
    I can't believe that someone cannot tune this car exactly the way it is!
    By the way this has been going it sounds like there might be mechanical issues that either or both you and your tooner can't find or don't want to admit to. You can't tune away a mechanical issue.

Mark, the ECM should have no issues adjusting for 14.7, I know mine doesn't.