Thread: Issue reading 95 Trans Am ECU

Carb and Points!

Issue reading 95 Trans Am ECU

I bought this 1994 Trans Am GT earlier in the spring and it has been a project! The car was in a flood last year, and it has been a pain in my *** since.
    So far, I have replaced the engine/trans/ECU/engine harness all from a 1995 Trans Am. Had to do some minor rewiring to get it working with the 1994 underdash harness, and after replacing the fuel pump with a new one, it now is running and moving.
    But I do have a check engine light, I used Scan9495 to find out I have codes 29 and 47. The car does not have the secondary air system, so that will need to be tuned out. Hence my problem... I tried using flashhack to read my ECU, but it failed. I was able to use the Test Interface button successfully, but when I use the Read Calibration button I get "Procedure failed. Could not connect or load kernel."
    My ALDL to USB (real FTDI chip) homemade cable works fine with Scan9495 and passes the flashhack "Test Interface" test, but it does not seem to communicate with the ECU via flashhack.
    I have ordered a new ALDL to USB cable from OBD Diagnostics, but it won't be here for a week, so hopefully someone here might have some suggestions!

Carb and Points!
    New cable arrived.... and was successful in using flashhack to read and write to the ECU!

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome!! Glad it was just a cable issue. I too had issues early on trying to use a homebrew cable to talk to my '94 Corvette, but after buying a premade cable the problem went away.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Carb and Points!
    Yep, now I just want to figure out why the Transmission shift times for performance all read 6.38 sec. Every LS car I have all are 0.00 sec. I checked other stock tunes for the 95 F body and they are also 6.38 sec. But when I look at other 95 Chevy cars, they are also 0.00
    Does anyone know why?