Thread: Hello from NY

Carb and Points!

Hello from NY

Hello fellow gearheads. I'm Mike, and I am working on a 1994 Trans Am GT. 94 Trans Am image4.jpg

Welcome.
    Yellow and black, good looking car. T tops?

You might wanna check out ecmhack.com
    A member on here has free tools on there that may come in handy, such as EE hack
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Carb and Points!
    Yes, it has t-tops.

I bought this car earlier in the spring and it has been a project! The car was in a flood last year, and it has been a pain in my *** since.

Carb and Points!
    So far, I have replaced the engine/trans/ECU/engine harness all from a 1995 Trans Am. Had to do some minor rewiring to get it working with the 1994 underdash harness, and after replacing the fuel pump with a new one, it now is running and moving.

But I do have a check engine light, and used Scan9495 to find out I have codes 29 and 47. The car does not have the secondary air system, so that will need to be tuned out. Hence my problem... I tried using flashhack to read my ECU, but it failed. I was able to use the Test Interface button successfully, but when I use the Read Calibration button I get "Procedure failed. Could not connect or load kernel."

My ALDL to USB (real FTDI chip) homemade cable works fine with Scan9495 and passes the flashhack "Test Interface" test, but does not seem to communicate with the ECU via flashhack.

I have ordered a new ALDL to USB cable from OBD Diagnostics, but it won't be here for a week, so hopefully someone here might have some suggestions!