Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAT removed from 12587603 bin, still no start from 5.3 engine

Carb and Points!

VAT removed from 12587603 bin, still no start from 5.3 engine

I used Tunerpro to edit 12587603 bin file. Disabled VATS and uploaded the bin to my ECM (Hardware# 12589162). Bin 12587603 was not my original operating system for my ECM. I attempted to start my engine and the engine would not start and run. I then installed my ECM inside a friends 2004 silverado. The truck's security light came on and went off as the engine started and ran perfectly. I removed my ECM from my friends truck and installed on my engine again. My engine still does not start. I am using the original harness and engine from my donor 2005 silverado truck. When the ECM is powered on with "key" power, I do not get power to the fuel pump from the ECM. I can manually supply power to the fuel pump and still no start for the engine. The engine acts as if VATS is "enabled". I checked the VATS settings with Tunerpro once again and observe VATS to be disabled. I have extra ground cables attached to the engine.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong to get the engine to start?

The bin file I uploaded to my ECM is attached to this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Universal Patcher says that one of the options for the VATS or as its labeled in UP VTD, is out of range, set at 2 on a range of 0 or 1.UniversalPatcher_WFy89mp436.jpg

Also the checksums are modded from stock but okUniversalPatcher_SN1oG5qb2y.jpg
    Last edited by ralmo94; 10-08-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

I have attached the same file with the only mod from what you posted as putting said parameter in range, set at no vats

Also, is there any specific reason you changed OS? Do you have a copy of the original bin? If it was just for supported XDF, I'll bet UP would support it.

I was going to see what all you changed in the bin, but on the 2004 bin page, there are several different 12587603 bins

Carb and Points!
    I attempted to use Universal Patcher and found the program difficult to navigate. I used TunerPro and found the program easy to use, especially since all I needed was to disable VATS. I downloaded the 7603 bin file and a compatible XDF file.

Carb and Points!
    I changed OS because I could not find a compatible XDF for it. UP seems above my knowledge level. I may take another look and see if I can use the program. However, does anyone see a problem with the file I uploaded? Is VATS disabled in the BIN file and if it is, then I should be looking at some other reason for my engine not starting.

Carb and Points!
    I will down load and try the file you provided.
    I have five more ECM's. All with different hardware numbers and OS.
    If the current ECM does not respond with the bin you provided I will go to one of the five available and try using UP on its original OS.

Carb and Points!
    One other thing. Why would my ECM work perfectly in my friends 2004 Silverado and not on my engine?
    Same engine, trans, etc. My donor vehicle was 2005 silverado.

Are you aware that there are internal differences between DBW and DBC pcms?
    I don't really know why, different hardware number could be, I don't really know.
    Also you never said what file you used whether dbc or dbw, or what engine you have. The more information you can provide, the more people will be able to help you withoust asking for more information. You are always better to provide more info than not enough, there is no such thing as TMI. That's my honest opinion

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by twad1206 View Post
    One other thing. Why would my ECM work perfectly in my friends 2004 Silverado and not on my engine?
    Same engine, trans, etc. My donor vehicle was 2005 silverado.
    2004 OS is not compatible with 2005+ TAC module and pedal. Maybe that is your issue. Or some wiring issue too.

Carb and Points!
    I have DRW, 5.3engine, 4l60e trans

4x4 or 2wd, what original OS, can you post original file?

Carb and Points!
    2004 vs 2005 may be the issue.

Wiring: used original engine harness and fuse box.
    Connected engine harness to port C2 of fuse box. Connected positive power cable to battery and other end to the fuse box, as original from truck. Negative cable to battery and to engine block.
    Port C1, wire A9 of fuse box has constant power, Port C3, wire F1 has 12 v power.

Carb and Points!
    2wd vehicle . Original bin attached

Have you tried the 05 Chevy 1500 4x4 os 12592618.bin file from the 2005 section? It shows as all stock in universal patcher. I understand UP looking intimidating, but if you learn to use the search function it can be easy to navigate. It can also be used to create an XDF for tunerpro