Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

I loaded your log and confirmed your kpa conversion seems to be correct.

I also loaded it in trymalyzer with filter for engine temp > 50 C seems to be logged and no F and filtered for throttle >1

Pasted the changes in to Universal Patcher and saved it, Changes made to the last bin I posted here for you, assuming thats the one you were running when creating the log?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    I loaded your log and confirmed your kpa conversion seems to be correct.

I also loaded it in trymalyzer with filter for engine temp > 50 C seems to be logged and no F and filtered for throttle >1

Pasted the changes in to Universal Patcher and saved it, Changes made to the last bin I posted here for you, assuming thats the one you were running when creating the log?
    Thank you. I had already made changes to that tune, though I haven't flashed it to the car. So you made further changes? I'll take a loot at it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Thank you. I had already made changes to that tune, though I haven't flashed it to the car. So you made further changes? I'll take a loot at it tomorrow.
    Compare my VE with yours to verify you are going the right direction. Make sure you reset fuel trims before you load a new bin.

Compare my VE with yours to verify you are going the right direction. Make sure you reset fuel trims before you load a new bin.
    So I flashed mine first and idled the car for a bit and noticed it was running 30% leaner. I didn't run it that much, but then I ran yours and it was 20%. I haven't driven it yet to log but in the VE table lower #'s is leaner and higher #'s is richer?

So I flashed mine first and idled the car for a bit and noticed it was running 30% leaner. I didn't run it that much, but then I ran yours and it was 20%. I haven't driven it yet to log but in the VE table lower #'s is leaner and higher #'s is richer?
    How did you come up with your VE table, did you edit cells in the VE, or did you use the [modify clipboard data] button?
    Also, just confirming, you cleared fuel trims, correct?

How did you come up with your VE table, did you edit cells in the VE, or did you use the [modify clipboard data] button?
    Also, just confirming, you cleared fuel trims, correct?
    I'd select the ones I wanted to modify and the Function was set to "Multiply" and the Value was set to 1.05 for 5% increase or 1.10 for 10% increase, depending on how off the value was in Trimalyzer. That was my thought process.

I'd select the ones I wanted to modify and the Function was set to "Multiply" and the Value was set to 1.05 for 5% increase or 1.10 for 10% increase, depending on how off the value was in Trimalyzer. That was my thought process.
    That's what I would consider doing to the areas without data samples after pasting. Did you add your VE layout to trymalyzer?

Got it to log with kpa so no need to convert anymore. Setting it to bar in Torque will set it to kpa. This is what @ralmo94 did so this isn't my adjustments. It's certainly less leaner than before but is this fine now? Looks like it could drop another 5% in the lower rpm/throttle range? Does it need to be richer at higher rpms or is it doing that on it's own just fine?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to log and tune, then repeat. Use the modify button on trimalyzer, then when you are done, look at the ve in 3d and smooth out any areas you didn't hit based on what you already changed. End goal should be trims between -5 and 0

You need to log and tune, then repeat. Use the modify button on trimalyzer, then when you are done, look at the ve in 3d and smooth out any areas you didn't hit based on what you already changed. End goal should be trims between -5 and 0
    Trying to do what you did in the video but TunerPro lists the tables rpm horizontal while Trimalyzer lists it vertical. There a way to fix that orientation or it doesn't matter when I copy and paste the data?

Yes there is a way to flip it in trimalyzer you have to do it when you add your VE layout. At The bottom there is a check box that says Rotate table, check it

Yes there is a way to flip it in trimalyzer you have to do it when you add your VE layout. At The bottom there is a check box that says Rotate table, check it
    Thank you that worked. I did what you did ralmo94 in your video and then manually smooth it out since there were spikes where it didn't log. It certainly runs better now and the engine isn't constantly stalling out when cold like before. I also included my 3rd attempt at tuning the VE table but I haven't flashed that one yet to the car.

Looks pretty good, but you still have a dip at about 3600 rpm and 85 kpa. for a givin rpm cell as kpa increases ve should also, or stay the same, but not go down.
    Glad you are on your way. Always nice to see improvement

Looks pretty good, but you still have a dip at about 3600 rpm and 85 kpa. for a givin rpm cell as kpa increases ve should also, or stay the same, but not go down.
    Glad you are on your way. Always nice to see improvement
    I guess that's because I didn't log that high in rpm. I made changes to smooth those areas out and will log tomorrow by running the engine at those rpm ranges. I'll just have to limit the transmission to 2nd.

I would recommend starting with the highest value you have in that rpm range and add maybe 10% at the highest kpa and adjust the connecting cells until the graph looks smooth. Then log it and see how far off you are. The more linier your table is, the better off you will be.