Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

if you look at your log with just open office or excell, or some other spreadsheet software, you can see the data in list form.

looking at your log, bank 1 is adding 50% While bank 2 is subtracting 30%.
    Either you have huge vacuum leak on one bank, exhaust leak on one or both banks, or sensor placement is wrong.
    That's the only reason I can think of that would cause the banks to be off in opposite directions, assuming engine is in good healthy mechanical order.
    wps_69ZlsjQWGT.jpg
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Also If you wish to use trimalyzer, you have to convert psi MAP to kpa, that can be done in spreadsheet software.
    Here is what the long term fuel trims look like in trimalyzer with the kpa conversion
    Bank1
    trimalyzer_BvAIWIuSyr.jpg.
    Bank 2
    trimalyzer_9HJL1md0xO.jpg

Administrator
    That's the only reason I can think of that would cause the banks to be off in opposite directions, assuming engine is in good healthy mechanical order.
    Swapping the O2 wiring side to side will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I would look at the data and unplug the sensors 1 by 1 and see what sensor reports no voltage, and see where voltage shows up when plugged back in.

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    if you look at your log with just open office or excell, or some other spreadsheet software, you can see the data in list form.
    That's really useful. I use Libre Office. I gotta see how that works.
    looking at your log, bank 1 is adding 50% While bank 2 is subtracting 30%.
    Either you have huge vacuum leak on one bank, exhaust leak on one or both banks, or sensor placement is wrong.
    wps_69ZlsjQWGT.jpg
    Never crossed my mind that I swapped the O2 sensors. You think I got the left and right side wrong or my upstream is now my downstream and vice versa? I did kinda rush this car to Chuck to get it tuned without thinking about any mistakes I did. I did ask him if he thought I created a vacuum and he said no, this is the result of the cam because I had a check engine light for map. Tomorrow I'll check my O2 setup and make sure everything is correct, and if everything is then I can do a smoke test for any vacuum leaks.

Also If you wish to use trimalyzer, you have to convert psi MAP to kpa, that can be done in spreadsheet software.
    Here is what the long term fuel trims look like in trimalyzer with the kpa conversion
    Bank1
    trimalyzer_BvAIWIuSyr.jpg.
    Bank 2
    trimalyzer_9HJL1md0xO.jpg
    I have no idea how to use spreadsheet software. I wonder if I can just set it to kpa in Torque app.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    It's really looking like I made this mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's really useful. I use Libre Office.

I have no idea how to use spreadsheet software. I wonder if I can just set it to kpa in Torque app.
    Changing the app would be best if possible, if not, I can help you with the conversion and how you can use trimalyzer, but first finish your mechanical as you have planned

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Never crossed my mind that I swapped the O2 sensors. You think I got the left and right side wrong or my upstream is now my downstream and vice versa?
    It's really looking like I made this mistake.
    Best not to assume, and to verify sensor placement

Got it done, and yea the O2's were swapped. Spent more time making sure the wires don't touch the exhaust and burn than just swapped the O2's. Took it for a ride and it works much better now, and did log it. Couldn't find the option to switch it to kpa so ralmo94 I may need you to show me how to do that conversion. I might try PCM Logger tomorrow since I got it from the github and not the microsoft store. From what I can tell it's as close to 0 as you can get, with some ups and downs that you wouldn't normally expect. Since now the transmission changes are done, it does feel a bit more sluggish compared to Chucks tune. I may want to change some things back but in a bit more safer way since chuck made solenoid pressure max. I can't make heads or tails out of Trimalyzer but maybe it's because I didn't convert it to kpa?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Glad you got it

I posted a spreadsheet on here that can help you visualize shift points with tcc events. Please read the first page of it.
    You should be able to mementary ground towhaul pin of pcm to use performance / towhaul schedules.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4&d=1665603009
    I'll look at your log when I get back to my PC.

Glad you got it

I posted a spreadsheet on here that can help you visualize shift points with tcc events. Please read the first page of it.
    You should be able to mementary ground towhaul pin of pcm to use performance / towhaul schedules.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4&d=1665603009
    I'll look at your log when I get back to my PC.
    Oh wow a guide. That will be useful. I do have a 07 Tahoe with a 5.3L I'm also itching to mess with. No performance mods. Just wanna get more performance and turn on lean burn mode. In due time.

To change PSI to KPA in your csv, Open CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet software

Right click on the column with manifold pressure psi, and add a column.
    wps_vBWzlrMhk2.jpg
    In the top row of the new column, enter
    wps_Fy70LtS1X3.jpg

=6.894757*AB2

AB2 is the first row with psi data, if it's in a different spot use where it's at. You can enter everything except that and click that cell and press [Enter] key also.
    yTIFOokWiB.jpg

Enter [ MAP ] in the top row of that column
    yTIFOokWiB.jpg

Now copy the cell you entered the formula in.

If you move the curser back to a cell with data, hold [Ctrl] key & press [ ↓ ] key, this will move the curser to the bottom row with data.
    wps_wIfQFQkVor.jpg
    move back to the empty cell

wps_K9evBKuCGM.jpgwps_CKqTU0NaDb.jpg
    Now hold both [Shift] key & [Ctrl] key
    and press [ ↑ ] this will select all the cells we need.
    Right click the highlighted cells and paste.

Spreadsheet software should compute the data in all the rest of the cells.

now save the file. Make sure to keep it .csv file. you can now use it in trimalyzer.

If it needs tuned, you should make it run speed density and tune the VE table, then possibly fine tune MAF, And if you want to keep using trimalyzer for this, you will need to add your VE table layout to it.

If you do need to tune, PCM logger may be an easier path, I don't know, never used it, I think you can use it with Universal Patcher

looks like you could benefit from a tune
    long term trims are 16% off
    trimalyzer_1a78Z33NP2.jpg

To change PSI to KPA in your csv, Open CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet software

Right click on the column with manifold pressure psi, and add a column.
    wps_vBWzlrMhk2.jpg
    In the top row of the new column, enter
    wps_Fy70LtS1X3.jpg

=6.894757*AB2

AB2 is the first row with psi data, if it's in a different spot use where it's at. You can enter everything except that and click that cell and press [Enter] key also.
    yTIFOokWiB.jpg

Enter [ MAP ] in the top row of that column
    yTIFOokWiB.jpg

Now copy the cell you entered the formula in.

If you move the curser back to a cell with data, hold [Ctrl] key & press [ ↓ ] key, this will move the curser to the bottom row with data.
    wps_wIfQFQkVor.jpg
    move back to the empty cell

wps_K9evBKuCGM.jpgwps_CKqTU0NaDb.jpg
    Now hold both [Shift] key & [Ctrl] key
    and press [ ↑ ] this will select all the cells we need.
    Right click the highlighted cells and paste.

Spreadsheet software should compute the data in all the rest of the cells.

now save the file. Make sure to keep it .csv file. you can now use it in trimalyzer.

If it needs tuned, you should make it run speed density and tune the VE table, then possibly fine tune MAF, And if you want to keep using trimalyzer for this, you will need to add your VE table layout to it.

If you do need to tune, PCM logger may be an easier path, I don't know, never used it, I think you can use it with Universal Patcher
    I figured it out. You make a new column and then label it MAP. The formula =6.894757*AB2 is basically multiplying the value in column AA second row with 6.894757. If I click on the box with the calculated formula and click on the crosshair on the bottom right and drag it all the way down it automatically increments it by +1. I'm definitely going to give PCM logger another try. I hope this time it works. I noticed the name MAP allowed Trimalyzer to automatically load it up as MAP, so I made a few changes so that RPM and MAF are also auto loaded. Still not having luck making it look like yours. Says -50% for everything.
    looks like you could benefit from a tune
    long term trims are 16% off
    trimalyzer_1a78Z33NP2.jpg
    So that means I'm running 16% rich on average? What table in TunerPro would allow me to make those changes? Also could I replace the O2 sensors with a wide band or wide band doesn't work the PCM? Could I pull out one of the downstream O2's temporary for a wideband just for tuning?

Did you change it to 0 is good? Most of this won't pertain to you but start watching about 6 minutes in or so.

You could make a global change to the injector size flow rate* 1.10 will lean it up 10%. * 0.90 will rich 10%.
    With a new cam though you really need to disable MAF and tune your VE.

Wide band can't be used for fuel trims, but you can tie in the analog 0-5vlt signal from one to the egr position pin on the pcm. If it doesn't have a pin there, you can add one I have done this on a p59, and use it for tuning. If you tune with WB You want to be open loop.
    Last edited by ralmo94; 10-15-2022 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typo

[QUOTE=ralmo94;95923]Did you change it to 0 is good? Most of this won't pertain to you but start watching about 6 minutes in or so.

I did forget to change it to +/- Percentage (0=Good). It changed but still doesn't look like yours. I made Trim Bank A and B = to short term, while INT Bank A and B = long term. Not sure if that's what it needs?
    You could make a global change to the injector size flow rate* 1.10 will lean it up 10%. * 0.90 will rich 10%.
    You mean this table I uploaded? Not sure if that's stock settings since I don't have the original to compare.
    With a new cam though you really need to disable MAF and tune your VE.
    Why disable MAF? Also this VE table?
    Wide band can't be used for fuel trims, but you can tie in the analog 0-5vlt signal from one to the egr position pin on the pcm. If it doesn't have a pin there, you can add one I have done this on a p59, and use it for tuning. If you tune with WB You want to be open loop.
    I guess that's a future project. Gonna have do more research into that.

Trim bank A is long term bank 1 trim bank B is long term bank 2. INT is short term.
    You also are not logging MAF Hz or frequency, that's what you need also in order to mess with the MAF curve.

You have to disable the MAF fuel corrections so it will run in SD mode to tune the VE table, this is because in regular blended mode it uses measured air mass from the MAF most of the time except for throttle changes, or instances where the air flow might change faster than can be measured at the MAF. So to dial in VE, you have to run off of the VE only, then after it is in line you turn the MAF back on.

I should ask, are you using stock injectors, because if you're not that needs to be calibrated first or it might never run right no matter what you do with the air flow tables

There is a logger in universal Patcher also I think it uses pcm logger and you have your VE table open in universal Patcher and it gets table layout from that. I never had a chance to use it personally, but that might be an easir way? Another popular place to tie in WB anolog signal is the AC pressure, you could possibly do both with WB's and have an idea of how each bank is running, I don't know what your budget is but it's possible.