Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

Give this a try. It should have your trans changes to it, Your new maf and latest VE table.
    I made a couple changes to your PE, max allowed throttle, and Torque Management, And I believe it has stock Lean Cruise patch .
    I made this from your last posted bin before you turned the MAF on, so it should preform simalar.

Hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    Give this a try. It should have your trans changes to it, Your new maf and latest VE table.
    I made a couple changes to your PE, max allowed throttle, and Torque Management, And I believe it has stock Lean Cruise patch .
    I made this from your last posted bin before you turned the MAF on, so it should preform simalar.

Hope it helps
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'm thinking that maybe Chuck turned off Power Enrichment since he just let the engine run rich 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'm thinking that maybe Chuck turned off Power Enrichment since he just let the engine run rich 24/7?
    Could be, without asking you never know the reason someone did the things they did. Then tuners usually don't divulge their methods either.

Looking at your bin, I noticed the performance shift tables are all maxed out, so I am guessing you don't have a switch installed stock.
    If you give C1 pin 76 a momentary ground, you can switch to the performance schedule. This is what the tow/haul buttons does on a truck.
    Obviously you have to have a table programed to it

In the video he does this. (Long Term Trim 1 + Long Term Trim 2 + Short Term Trim 1 + Short Term Trim 2) / 2. That's not entirely how it's calculated but I feel this can be done in a spreadsheet if I knew how it was calculated?
    By the way I forget to mention if you put your trims in correctly trimalyzer takes care of adding the short term and long term together

Tried the bin you edited and it seems to work. Giving gas now breaks traction, and fairly easily too. Also once I get to 30+Mph I can get close to 30 Mpg. I haven't taken it on the highway because I live in NJ and going fast is nearly impossible with all the traffic, especially past certain times. I know it's a silly thing to worry about fuel economy on a Corvette but this is what lead me to tuning it to begin with. That and the transmission was running hot, but I know I gotta install a trans cooler.

Was wondering how some YouTubers are getting 40Mpg on their C5's and wanted to know if I could also do the same? This guy Legitstreetcars shows the process, and even links a wideband I can buy. Not a fan of the price, but this one is much cheaper but don't know if it'll do the job? Not sure how any of them can log data? Watching the guys video it seems like he adjusts the VE table within a certain range and then I think he turns off closed loop. Not a fan of the idea of turning off closed loop. I see you changed the Lean Cruise Run Time Enable to 150, as well as a bunch of things. TunerPro does show a patch for Lean Cruise but neither yours or my old tune has it applied. There's even Holden options too.

What's so crazy about wanting an areo dynamic light weight car to get good FE?
    Yeah Im not a fan of changing be to run lean. If you want open loop full time there's better ways to do that. But gm was nice enough to give us the lean cruise. I'll take another look tonight at the patch. Thought I patched it in, maybe it already was and I removed it?
    There are cheaper widebands, I don't want to recommend one on here became some of the members on here are sellers for some. I'm sure if they sell one it's a good product. Anything that puts out a 0-5vlt signal can be logged, you just hook the pin up to the egr position pin. If you don't have an egr valve stock, you may have to add the pin to the harness. Super easy.

Glad you are making good progress. I bet it makes you upset to think of how short it took to road tune the car, vs how long chuck had it.

What's so crazy about wanting an areo dynamic light weight car to get good FE?
    Yeah Im not a fan of changing be to run lean. If you want open loop full time there's better ways to do that. But gm was nice enough to give us the lean cruise. I'll take another look tonight at the patch. Thought I patched it in, maybe it already was and I removed it?
    I think it is on but there's another lean cruise? I think it has to do with the XDF I found on pcmhacking.net, which I still haven't been able to register. Haven't gotten an email to activate and no idea who to contact to fix it. I uploaded the bin where I applied it and the XDF I used to do it.
    There are cheaper widebands, I don't want to recommend one on here became some of the members on here are sellers for some. I'm sure if they sell one it's a good product.
    Common theme is that a lot of forums have sellers. Porsche 928 forum isn't too happy about all the cheap alternatives I've found for some of the stuff they push me to buy. I bought a 3D printer just because I'm sick and tired of paying for overpriced plastic.
    Anything that puts out a 0-5vlt signal can be logged, you just hook the pin up to the egr position pin. If you don't have an egr valve stock, you may have to add the pin to the harness. Super easy.
    I do have a EGR and it is disabled in the bin. Better to use it for wideband than the EGR. Would it make a difference if I place it in the upstream or downstream position?
    Glad you are making good progress. I bet it makes you upset to think of how short it took to road tune the car, vs how long chuck had it.
    If my piss could boil it would. After I got back my car with a bad transmission I hunted for a new one plus a torque converter. Found a good trans in Contemporary Corvette from PA and got it for $700. The torque converter which is a ProTorque I bought from a nice man that goes by the name of tabbruzz. In fact this is the thread that started this tune. Will probably revisit that thread and upload this tune once I think I have my horsepower while eating less fuel. tabbruzz was very kind to contact me after many months of installing the trans and converter to use his HPTuners software to see why my Vette was getting poor mileage. GTO_Pulse was also kind to make the changes to the bin to get my trans back to default settings, and he's on multiple forums including LS1tech. Now I have you who's been a big help with getting this tune right. Especially with free software since I know HPTuners would work but the way they license it is expensive. The community around the LS engine tuning is great.
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-03-2022 at 06:52 AM.

I loaded it in Universal Patcher and applied the patch, It updated the checksum, so that means it wasn't applied.
    Here is the log of the patch
    [/QUOTE]
    Applying patch:
    INstall stock lean cruise tables on your bin
    Segment: EngineCal
    Importing DTC codes... [OK]
    Table: LC_Fuel_Delta, 46 bytes
    Table: LC_Vehicle_Speed_Hyst_High*01-, 2 bytes
    Table: LC_Vehicle_Speed_Hyst_Low*01-, 0 bytes
    Table: LC_EQ_Step_Size*01-, 2 bytes
    Table: LC_Engine_Run_Time*01-, 4 bytes
    Table: LC_Time_Since_Idle*01-, 0 bytes
    Table: LC_Coolant_Multiplier*01-, 4 bytes
    Applied: 58 Bytes
    You can save BIN file now
    [/QUOTE]

That is the only change I made to the bin you just posted.

I think it is on but there's another lean cruise? I think it has to do with the XDF I found on pcmhacking.net, which I still haven't been able to register. Haven't gotten an email to activate and no idea who to contact to fix it. I uploaded the bin where I applied it and the XDF I used to do it.
    It just depends on who made the patch. I shy away from xdf's that are not well commented. If you have an OS that isn't really popular, you are probably better off just using universal patcher. If you use an XDF, you are relying on who ever made it. If you don't have a way to ask them questions, how do you know how they came up with a parameter, and the units used. You can ask questions for UP right on here, the creators of it are members, and the same layout and tables are the same for all the other OS it supports for p01 & p59. It is missing a little graphing yet, and some things could use better commenting, and some things are worded a little differently. If you use it to create an XDF, you can use tunerpro for the graphing though. Before I knew what it was, I was trying to collect XDF's, but I don't need to now.

I do have a EGR and it is disabled in the bin. Better to use it for wideband than the EGR. Would it make a difference if I place it in the upstream or downstream position?
    If you don't have any cats, it makes no difference at all, I would suggest keeping the upstream intact for fuel trims though to keep closed loop on.
    If you have cats, it can be debated if they affect the reading enough to worry about, you can see the consensus where someone asked a similar question here. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...6241#post96241

I wish I would have had Universal patcher years ago when I invested in HP. Freeware has come a long way in just the last couple years.

I'm glad I was able to be of help, but honestly the real credit should go to everyone who has made it so easy to dial in tune. Steveo did a great job with trimalyzer, even though I wish it would modify Maf data, it still is a great tool, the best I know of and the only one of its kind. Univeresal Patcher, I just can't say enough about it. Then there is PCM hammer, torque pro app. I just try to give back when I can, and learn when I can.

I haven't taken it on the highway because I live in NJ and going fast is nearly impossible with all the traffic, especially past certain times..
    With this in mind, the stock holden Lean Cruise, doesn't activate until you are over 47mph. You may want to lower that speed.

[ LC_Vehicle_Speed_Hyst_High*01- ] is what it is called in universal patcher.
    Some report they can feel it and makes the vehicle a dog when activated too low. If I remember correctly, that is mostly in trucks though, I don't think you would have that issue, but you may want to experiment.
    If you get a wide band, you can play with the lean cruise ratios and see what your car likes, I wouldn't until you get one though.

It just depends on who made the patch. I shy away from xdf's that are not well commented. If you have an OS that isn't really popular, you are probably better off just using universal patcher. If you use an XDF, you are relying on who ever made it. If you don't have a way to ask them questions, how do you know how they came up with a parameter, and the units used. You can ask questions for UP right on here, the creators of it are members, and the same layout and tables are the same for all the other OS it supports for p01 & p59. It is missing a little graphing yet, and some things could use better commenting, and some things are worded a little differently. If you use it to create an XDF, you can use tunerpro for the graphing though. Before I knew what it was, I was trying to collect XDF's, but I don't need to now.
    I found it here. It's what I've been using to make the MAF changes to turn off VE.
    If you don't have any cats, it makes no difference at all, I would suggest keeping the upstream intact for fuel trims though to keep closed loop on.
    If you have cats, it can be debated if they affect the reading enough to worry about, you can see the consensus where someone asked a similar question here. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...6241#post96241
    I have cats and was told that was a dumb idea. Don't wanna fail inspection. Never know if they start using mirrors to look underneath. If I install a wideband it would only be temporary for tuning.
    I wish I would have had Universal patcher years ago when I invested in HP. Freeware has come a long way in just the last couple years.

I'm glad I was able to be of help, but honestly the real credit should go to everyone who has made it so easy to dial in tune. Steveo did a great job with trimalyzer, even though I wish it would modify Maf data, it still is a great tool, the best I know of and the only one of its kind. Univeresal Patcher, I just can't say enough about it. Then there is PCM hammer, torque pro app. I just try to give back when I can, and learn when I can.
    I guess that time with lockdown must have advanced these tools a lot? I plan to use these tools on my uncle Tahoe for better power and mpg as well. Would help with these stupid gas prices. One thing at a time

Flashed it with the patch I found and it isn't as good as before. It definitely goes into lean cruise and you can barely hear the engine when it happens which is around 47 Mph. As far as mpg, yea it's worse. Looking at what the patch did I think it just changed a bunch of values. Definitely reduced the "B3639 Lean Cruise Enleanment" table among other things. For now I flashed it back to your changes ralmo94. Looking at the table I see values like 0.18 at around 0.40 which I think it's the map pressure? I wonder if I can make other nearby values at 0.18 or 0.17?
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-04-2022 at 01:50 AM.

Been playing around with the car a lot trying to perfect mpg and idle. I can't say I've made great progress in both. With Chucks tune it took 15 minutes until I could shift the car into driver or reverse without it stalling out. I've been trying to correct this and so far I've gotten it down to 2 minutes. I'm not sure if this is because PCM Hammer resets the ECU and needs an idle relearn or something needs to be tweaked still? I know it runs a little rough until it smooths out and then I can shift into reverse or drive without stalling out.

As far as mpg, I've gotten it to at best 32-35mpg at 60mph on the highway, and around 30 on local roads. I think without a wideband I can't accurately tell what's going on, plus needs more tuning. My priorities are still trans cooler then wideband. I uploaded my bin for anyone to look at. 32 mpg out of a 500HP at the crank car is still pretty good. I can probably do better but I'd rather try again until I get the wideband.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dukenukemx; 11-10-2022 at 02:43 AM.

30's is definitely not bad. What were you getting with Chuck's tune?
    You might need to mess with airflow idle settings, possibly warm up mixture

30's is definitely not bad. What were you getting with Chuck's tune?
    You might need to mess with airflow idle settings, possibly warm up mixture
    If I cruise at 60 mph I was getting 22mpg if I'm lucky. Local roads it's far worse. I take these trips that's a good 6 hours total driving and it averages according to the car about 17.6mpg. It would consume an entire tank of gas and then some with Chucks tune. Next time I go I'll measure it exactly. I've messed with the settings that I've shown. As it is right now it takes a good 2 minutes before the engine smooths out it's idle and then I can shift into gears without stalling. I think the car just needs an idle relearn, which I think means idling the car until it gets hot and the fans kick on?