Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

Need compatible cable or device for TunerPro

I'm trying to log my 02 Vette and nothing I have seems to like TunerPro. This cable I bought from Amazon will read and write with PCM Hammer, but not with PCM Logger and won't work with TunerPro. I do have a bluetooth ODB2 reader that seems to be detected but I can't get it to start logging. Don't know if I need a ADX file to be able to do this? If anyone has a ADS or ADX file that I can use to log please share it. Also, if anyone can point me to a cable or bluetooth device that does work with TunerPro, please tell me. I prefer the as cheap as possible option.

To log with tunerpro you need the definition file. There are some devices that can log to your smart phone on Amazon, most use a csv file to export. You can open that with a spreadsheet program or load it into trimalyzer for analysis. I'm not sure but as far as I know you have to have an adx for the device and data stream specific.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    To log with tunerpro you need the definition file. There are some devices that can log to your smart phone on Amazon, most use a csv file to export. You can open that with a spreadsheet program or load it into trimalyzer for analysis. I'm not sure but as far as I know you have to have an adx for the device and data stream specific.
    I have Torque for my Android phone, but can I make use of it's logging? Where can I find a adx file for my device? What devices on Amazon?

I have never used the toque app personally, but what options does it give you for saving a log? CSV? If so, you can load a CSV to trimalyzer

ADX.... I'm sure of any that exist, I'm sure someone has one somewhere, but I haven't seen one posted for download.

I seem to remember a generic ls1 obd2 for ELM devices posted somewhere.

I found a quick video on youtube showing how to get a csv log from the torque app
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gwofW_Qi4

Here is a video I made that shows how to use trimalyzer, I made the video for tbi tuning, but if you skip to about 4:10 in it shows how to use trimalyzer, and the visual feedback it provides for a CSV log, and how you can paste modifications in tuner pro from it. paste modifications don't work for MAF tuning, but you can see the percent off it is, if it needs changed. Make sure and log in speed density mode if you want to tune VE. The filters you choose to set will depend on what is in the data log.

I have never used the toque app personally, but what options does it give you for saving a log? CSV? If so, you can load a CSV to trimalyzer

ADX.... I'm sure of any that exist, I'm sure someone has one somewhere, but I haven't seen one posted for download.

I seem to remember a generic ls1 obd2 for ELM devices posted somewhere.
    I believe it can save it as a csv file. What should I log that's useful for tuning my LS1 Vette.

Fuel trims engine temp rpm vehicle speed map throttle kr closed loop status PE mode or desired afr, MAF hz if tuning MAF, pretty much anything supported. If you don't log it, you can't use it to filter data. Goal should be trims between 0 and -5.

Here's 2 logs I made today. One is when I started the car and drove it cold onto the highway and went up and down it, but my phone crashed and rebooted so I don't know if it's a good log. The second log is when I went back onto the highway up and down and then properly stopped it and emailed it to myself. It is in CSV format. Later I'll look at ralmo94's video on how to use trimalyzer. Not sure if I logged the correct stuff as I just selected what looks good.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I looked at your logs, they both are unusable because there is no manifold pressure logged. Intake manifold absolute pressure should be reported in kpa. That is what the axis is for the VE tables, as well as spark tables. Also scrolling through the logs in a spreadsheet software, all your fuel trims are 0, that means you are still open loop. Do you have a wide band? Most have a 0v - 5v signal that can be tied to either the egr postion or AC pressure pin on the pcm, and can be seen in the data log.
    Also it might be good to log o2 sensor voltages

I looked at your logs, they both are unusable because there is no manifold pressure logged. Intake manifold absolute pressure should be reported in kpa. That is what the axis is for the VE tables, as well as spark tables. Also scrolling through the logs in a spreadsheet software, all your fuel trims are 0, that means you are still open loop. Do you have a wide band? Most have a 0v - 5v signal that can be tied to either the egr postion or AC pressure pin on the pcm, and can be seen in the data log.
    Also it might be good to log o2 sensor voltages
    I made the changers to Torque to report intake manifold pressure and O2 sensor voltage. I'll drive it tomorrow and log it. Not sure why it doesn't go into closed loop, but it was an issue where I had someone tune my car and then Pulse_GTO from here and LS1Tech helped unscrew my tune by also turning on closed loop. Looking at it in TunerPro RT I can't see what was missed. I uploaded my bin and what I used to read it with TunerPro. Could be that I might have not selected the right option to read the O2's in Torque? I'll have to check tomorrow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I loaded your bin in universal Patcher and I couldn't find an obvious reason for not getting in to closed loop. Do you happen to have a copy of the stock file before it was "tuned"? I can't seem to find any stock corvette files here to compare.

I loaded your bin in universal Patcher and I couldn't find an obvious reason for not getting in to closed loop. Do you happen to have a copy of the stock file before it was "tuned"? I can't seem to find any stock corvette files here to compare.
    Unfortunately no. It was done by Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester. He turned off closed look as well as total lock up on the trans, among other trans related things. Hopefully this isn't some strange issue where he did something that makes this difficult.

Just checked and the O2's do report voltage but no fuel trim reading. I'm thinking maybe I need to unplug the battery to get it working? Maybe disabling codes stops closed loop from working? Chuck did disable a number of codes so no check engine light would come on. Not sure if I should log without fuel trims working.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Just checked and the O2's do report voltage but no fuel trim reading. I'm thinking maybe I need to unplug the battery to get it working? Maybe disabling codes stops closed loop from working? Chuck did disable a number of codes so no check engine light would come on. Not sure if I should log without fuel trims working.
    Does it have any codes?
    If the codes are disabled resetting won't turn them on.
    They can be set also so they still report but keep the light out. I might look a little closer at that part of your bin.
    If you log O2 voltage it would give an idea of how far off the fueling is, and at this point it is the only data we have to go off of.
    If you have a wide band that could be used, I didn't notice you answer if you had one or not, so I'm assuming you don't?