Thread: Looking for C5 Corvette Updates (PCM Flashes)

Looking for C5 Corvette Updates (PCM Flashes)

I wondering how to get / find Factory PCM updates. I have a co-worker with a 2001 Corvette that is likely missing a few PCM updates. I've found what I think is a GM website (Technical Delivery System) https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

The TDS website offers software for a PC to emulate a GM Tech2. I'm wondering if anyone knows of another website available to get GM PCM Updates?

dave w

Super Moderator
    http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

that should work for finding out if it needs updates...
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Does anyone have experience using the "GM Tech2" software for a PC?

dave w

No but it sounds intresting! What do you do if a update is needed, how would it be flashed?

Can't this be checked or updated with EFI Live?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    No but it sounds intresting! What do you do if a update is needed, how would it be flashed?

Can't this be checked or updated with EFI Live?
    I'm feeling lucky my co-worker is even letting me touch his "Toy". I've covered the topic of EFI Live with my co-worker, and he thinks maybe EFI Live is an option for later on. Basically, I feel like I'm be tested, to see if I can "at least" provide the same level of service as the dealership. My thinking is, use a laptop that works like the GM Tech2, and I'll pass the test. My thinking is, if I get a laptop working like the GM Tech2, I should be able flash the PCM just like the Tech2 can flash the PCM. I'm not literate with the GM Tech2 so I could be wrong about the ability of the GM Tech2 being able to flash the PCM.

dave w

Administrator
    If they're selling "Tech 2" on a laptop it's likely to be big money. If they're selling an OBDII pass through programmer for SAE J2534 programming those can be had for $200 to $1000. Tunercat will provide you with a stock calibration and will update a pcm if you send it to them. Many times a local parts store will also provide that service or will know someone who does. In that case you remove the pcm and carry it into the store. Charge around here is generally under $80.

http://www.amazon.com/Pass-Thru-Powe...words=j2534+gm

Ease software has always looked good to me. IIRC GM offers one day access for guys who do limited reprogramming.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 08-18-2012 at 01:45 AM.

From the link I originally posted.
    • Tech2Win
      Includes: Software to emulate the Tech 2 on PC

I'm not sure what cable to use for Tech2Win? Maybe the SAE J2534 programming?

dave w

3 Days $55

Administrator
    Tech2Win is diagnostics only, no programming.
    http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pd...echConnect.pdf

(Realizing I'm 2 months late on this thread): Did you ever find a stock flash for this? You'd have to have a subscription to TIS2WEB even if you had a Tech2 to do this.

when i needed a reflash or an update i took my 02 silvy to the dealer and they would flash it for 75 bucks. then i would go back and retune it or flash the tune back in.