Thread: data logging trips ses

data logging trips ses

I am using a 32b on a 165 and every time I plug into my aldl to record some data using tuner pro and moates extreme aldl usb connector it sends my car into ses and my blm lock at 128. I can actually look at my dashboard on TP and see the airflow change and the temp change and can even record the data but the o2 wont change. What dont I have set up right? I can plug into it with my snap-on modus after resetting the computer and read everything without any trouble
    Last edited by 85Z28NOS; 08-17-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Z28NOS View Post
    I am using a 32b on a 165 and every time I plug into my aldl to record some data using tuner pro and moates extreme aldl usb connector it sends my car into ses and my blm lock at 128. I can actually look at my dashboard on TP and see the airflow change and the temp change and can even record the data but the o2 wont change. What dont I have set up right? I can plug into it with my snap-on modus after resetting the computer and read everything without any trouble
    In the 32B .xdf I have, I can't find Mask ID, but I think maybe the Mask ID needs to be set to AA?

dave w

The mask ID only needs to be AA for Emulation.

It sounds like you have the 10K jumper (on cable or box) on putting ECM in ALDL Mode? Does that ECM need the 10K to start data, then off? I know one of the 165 ECM does.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I purchased this from Moates and it said to have the selector on the box set to the 10k. So I should try switching it to open once it starts communicating. I will try this later today

Yeah but instructions on AutoProm says 10K is needed for 160 Baud systems, and it's not! But I think it's $6E that needs 10K to start, then off. Try it and let us know.

-= =-

Your right about the $6e needing to have the 10k turned on then turned back off in order to start coms. Tried it out today, but my blm still stuck on 128. Need more time looking at setting to figure out why. Havent got to try the 32b out again yet. Will due this later tonight or saturday.

That was just an idea that you were in ALDL mode, but that does not turn on SES light, being stuck at 128 BLM when warmed up and closed loop conditions should show some adjustment. But if O2 sensor is inoprable it will not. Any error codes? Weird how the cable causes this?

-= =-

Ok, I got rained out last night so i didnt get to check anything till today. After checking all my wiring on my heated O2 sensor and finding nothing wrong I decided to switch back to my original chip and start from scratch when it clicked that I have been switching between two 165 ecm that I have. Sure enough my spare ecm has abad spot on the board and was giving a locked O2 signal of 137 all the time. Switched my new burned prom to my original ecm that I left in the original spot and everything works fine now. Guess I need a new spare 165 ecm

So clear this up for us. Does that ECM need 10K to start data flow? Or does it need 10K all the time? Or if 10K is applied does it put ECM in ALDL mode like it does on others? Check your data, on some it will increase idle and add timing.

-= =-

OK. If you are using a 165 with a $32b then you must have the 10K switch turned on at all times. If you switch it off once connected it will disconnect and show an error. Also you were correect in that when i do connect it raised my idle alittle and everytime i disconnected while playing with the switch it would go back down. The SES has not come back on since i swapped out the ecm. Not sure why it only turned on when i plugged in to read the data. Hope this clears some things up about the 32b. Going to switch the eprom back to the $6e, I like that both my cars will be on the same set ups