Thread: GM Tech2 bin files

Electronic Ignition!

GM Tech2 bin files

Hi all. Got a GM Tech2 scanner for some future tuning of a Toyota Land Cruiser I-6. The card that came with the tool starts at 92 which is fine for this project($8d), but I’ve seen listings of a memory Card or bin file for earlier GM applications. I missed one on eBay, and would like to have a little capability for earlier GM vehicles…

It’s listed as:
    GM Ford Chrysler Saturn Jeep OBD ll 1981-1997
    with this version number assigned to it:
    V101.06

SPX/OTC#:
    3625-06

id like to find an actual card, but also ok with finding a bin file and burning to a PCMCIA card.

(I know there are overseas places to download by joining but prefer not pay and or give required information to said sites.)

thanks!
    -Brett

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiserbrett View Post
    Hi all. Got a GM Tech2 scanner for some future tuning of a Toyota Land Cruiser I-6. The card that came with the tool starts at 92 which is fine for this project($8d), but I’ve seen listings of a memory Card or bin file for earlier GM applications. I missed one on eBay, and would like to have a little capability for earlier GM vehicles…

It’s listed as:
    GM Ford Chrysler Saturn Jeep OBD ll 1981-1997
    with this version number assigned to it:
    V101.06

SPX/OTC#:
    3625-06

id like to find an actual card, but also ok with finding a bin file and burning to a PCMCIA card.

(I know there are overseas places to download by joining but prefer not pay and or give required information to said sites.)

thanks!
    -Brett
    That card is 10mb and can be found for downloading. However it won`t work unless you have a special adapter made by spx, that is attached to t2. It was very expensive last time I check it. Over 600$.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you for the information!

I think there is a T2 compatible version of the card-this is what I missed on eBay.

Do you know where, besides some sketchy sites, I can find a download? I have a computer with a PCMCIA slot and Memory Card Explorer so can make a card with a bin file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiserbrett View Post
    Thank you for the information!

I think there is a T2 compatible version of the card-this is what I missed on eBay.

Do you know where, besides some sketchy sites, I can find a download? I have a computer with a PCMCIA slot and Memory Card Explorer so can make a card with a bin file.
    You can try it, but may not work without 3625-04.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Electronic Ignition!
    Well, Step 1 is a success. I was able to use MCE to convert the 10mb card to work on the 32mb PCMCIA card. Fired up the tech2 and I am in business. V0101.06 fires up and runs on my tech2! (I will hang the zip with the 32mb version on this thread later today)

THANK YOU!

I'm going to fire up the ECM bench later this week and test a stock ECM/Memcal combo and see if this works with the provided cord(I chose a 1990 grand prix with 2.3 as I have a few of those ECMs around and my bench has the Quad4 module.) It calls out the required connector and its the standard tech2 cord with the GM 12pin ODBI adapter.

Kur4o, any chance you have a Toyota Tech2 file? I heard somewhere that there was a basic Toyota version once upon a time...
    Last edited by cruiserbrett; 10-03-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Bringing back this thread with the hopes that cruiserbrett will see it.

I slapped the 10MB file onto a spare 32MB card I had using MCE and that did work in the Tech 2. However, when I put my original 32MB card in that has the 1991~2013 program on it, suddenly the Tech 2 doesn't want to work properly. Basically, I can boot the Tech 2 into V101.06 and that will work on the first attempt. When I use SHIFT+RIGHT to boot to the alternate memory card with the 32MB V33.004 program, that too will work, and it will boot into the later program. But when I press that command again to try to switch back to the 10MB V101.06 program, I instead get stuck on the "RS232 Download Mode Waiting for Data" screen, as if the card is corrupt (it isn't).

Is this because I missed a step? Maybe related to that "converted to 32MB" thing you were talking about? If so, I'd love if you could share your 32MB converted file so I could try it out. I would love being able to switch freely between the two programs without having to constantly physically swap cards.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)