Thread: JETDST Read PCM as BIN

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

JETDST Read PCM as BIN

Anyone tried to use JETDST to read PCM memory straight to a .bin file via test mode? I am able to read my 98 Vortec black box PCM no issue without test mode, straight to .jcl file, but no good luck yet reading straight to BIN format.If using the "full cal" option and selecting 98-00 Vortec, the program pops up a window asking for a "special security key" during the PCM unlocking stage. I don't know what this value would be so I have to cancel and the read never happens.JETDST_test_mode_full.JPGI have also tried the other option to read a specific module location, and just typed what should be the whole length of the file. Interestingly, this does go completely through the process and the software is able to unlock the PCM, no special key required. The resulting file however is 524,304 bytes long and looks nothing like a known good BIN file (from elsewhere on this site).JETDST_test_mode_module.JPGI've attached a read I got. Maybe someone can make sense of what this software is reading out. Also of note, the DST tuner software is unable to read the resulting read BIN file. It errors out, where as it is able to read known good BIN files from elsewhere on this site. This makes me think the JETFlash software is faulty, but I have no frame of reference.I've emailed JET with all this info, but as you'd expect, no response. Do these same options, screens exist for TC to save as .bin? Anyone have any suggestions or can make heads or tales of this resulting BIN file?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kawmatt2; 09-21-2022 at 02:20 AM.