Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PCM 16196396 Range selector 4L60E?

Fuel Injected!
    What even is bpw? Im assuming it stands for base pulse width? Is that even correct?

Base Pulse Width. It's what the injector constant is labeled. That's how many lbs per hr your injector flows at full open. That's how the pcm knows how long to open the injector.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    Base Pulse Width. It's what the injector constant is labeled. That's how many lbs per hr your injector flows at full open. That's how the pcm knows how long to open the injector.
    So is it possible to have the scalar for injector flow rate set to one thing but then in the bpw parameters have crap still be turned up? I still havent fixed the min and max blm there must be some setting im missing.

Is it possible for some parameters to ovverride others?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 689 View Post
    Is it possible for some parameters to ovverride others?
    Yes certain things can definitely override others.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes certain things can definitely override others.
    I appreciate all the info thank you

Fuel Injected!
    There was a lot of things I changed for open loop to work correctly, min max temps blm update, ect.
    I have an $od file modded for manual around some where. You should be able to run either $od or $OE Are you running stock fuel pressure? 12psi. That should be addressed before going in to the ve. O'Reilly's has a fuel pressure gauge you can borrow with a deposit that screws inline at the TBi.
    Any luck finding that file?

I thought I PM'ed you a link to download the manual file. Do you want the open loop manual file also?
    I have both files, let me know what you need.
    Last edited by ralmo94; 10-01-2022 at 04:11 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I thought I PM'ed you a link to download the manual file. Do you want the open loop manual file also?
    I have both files, let me know what you need.
    Let me figure how to check my messages real quick lol

Please report back about how that bin runs after you run it.

I have the OL one on my laptop. Let me know when you are ready for it and I'll get it to you.

Fuel Injected!
    Please report back about how that bin runs after you run it.

I have the OL one on my laptop. Let me know when you are ready for it and I'll get it to you.
    Yeah will do thank you I appreciate it.

Fuel Injected!
    So yeah the blm is adjusting properly now thank you. Also whenever the knocks occur the blm is like above 135 so that explains that i think. Idles way down at like 105

Fuel Injected!
    Just got my new wideband sensor in the mail today too so now thats working. I just got to connect the gauge to the pcm input and itll be in the data log. Afr at idle was like 11 too

So if you can confirm that the $od manual bin works with no known issues, I'll add it to my how to article. If you tie your 0-5 volt output on the egr position pin you can log AFR and run open loop. Another thing you can do with trimalyzer is filter for idle flag false tune main ve then change idle flag to true and tune idle ve.

Fuel Injected!
    So if you can confirm that the $od manual bin works with no known issues, I'll add it to my how to article. If you tie your 0-5 volt output on the egr position pin you can log AFR and run open loop. Another thing you can do with trimalyzer is filter for idle flag false tune main ve then change idle flag to true and tune idle ve.
    yeah trimalyzer seems to work really easily and smoothly. ill see how it works in the tuning. trimalyzer can use the wide band data to tune in closed loop correct?

Attached is a copy of pretty much the only log file i have so far on the bin besides a short idleing log. I know its not good data i left DFCO on and PE and everything pretty much. i made sure egr was turned off and i loaded it up as is and test drove it and recorded some. so technically it isnt clean data and i was driving somewhat erratically i was checking out how it responded with various throttle input and i didnt have much time so it isnt quite a proper log but if you look at the blm averages its similar to what i was getting originally on the stock prom in the stock ecm which was $9A btw and anyways the bin seems solid it seems to be behaving as it did before i fucked with anything so thats good.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rob 689; 10-04-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Great news.
    n
    I'm glad that bin preformed as it should. I created that modded bin to help another member on here, but I believe there was some sort of language barrier or something and I never had confirmation that it worked properly. I added manual files on my how to write up.

You can go ahead and download the manual zip from the article. The open loop bin is in that zip, along with an ADX that should log an afr error.

If you read the how to, you can see that I normally leave all that, AE PE Decel, on, and filter it out with trimalyzer.