Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: PCM 16196396 Range selector 4L60E?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 689 View Post
    Is there a way to change the definition file or like re configure the guage or something to fix the negative spark being reported as max? Its not critical but it wpuld be nice to be able to see the actual negative spark numbers
    I had never messed with this on my truck, just did a couple searches on it and didn't find anything, and left it be.
    But you got me curious so I took a look at it.

If you click on acquisition> edit definition,
    You can click on values > Spark Advance
    TunerPro_2qAN5sc40B.png
    Notice "Range Low" is set to zero
    TunerPro_GRaqB9Et3o.png
    I changed it to -15
    TunerPro_1rgkzqD5Yg.png
    Then I saved as and gave the new adx a new name.
    The Data Dash gauge automatically displayed -15 as the minimum
    I opened 2 instances of TP one with modded adx and one with un modded, I played the same log file in both, copied and pasted Running Min spark advance in a spreadsheet, and had it show differences and it found none, so that should confirm that spark advance is still accurately displayed if you change as I did. The Log I used had no Neg Spark
    TunerPro_WLSltAr0cw.png
    Hope that helps
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    I had never messed with this on my truck, just did a couple searches on it and didn't find anything, and left it be.

TunerPro_2qAN5sc40B.png
    TunerPro_GRaqB9Et3o.png
    I changed it to -15
    TunerPro_1rgkzqD5Yg.png
    I opened 2 instances of TP one with modded adx and one with un modded, I played the same log file in both, copied and pasted Running Min spark advance in a spreadsheet, and had it show differences and it found none, so that should confirm that spark advance is still accurately displayed if you change as I did. The Log I used had no Neg Spark
    TunerPro_WLSltAr0cw.png
    Hope that helps
    Wow thats just awsome. This forum is great. Yeah that helps a crap load lol it bothered me not knowing anything beside oh welp it’s at 50 again must be negative lol. Being able to actually see what its doing i feel less lost in the dark, i dont like guessing lol. I had to do alot of guessing at first lol now im understanding things abd its getting easier. Even just learning the tunerpro software and all of its little features is a feat in itself lol

TunerPro_2qAN5sc40B.png
    TunerPro_GRaqB9Et3o.png
    I changed it to -15
    TunerPro_1rgkzqD5Yg.png
    TunerPro_WLSltAr0cw.png
    Hope that helps
    I found an old log of mine with neg spark and I am reporting back that this ADX mod DOES NOT WORK . When advance goes neg it jumps straight to 50, just like the other adx

So i do have an issue with the shift light still coming on when im in fifth gear as if i had a 6th gear to go to which isnt an issue but is slightly annoying any idea how to solve that lol.
    Comparing to BHFM stock 94 4cylinder 5 speed $OD, I see the following shift light settings that may be of interest
    TunerPro_WP7MjmjG2E.jpg
    TPS lower limit for shift light (High Gears) is where I would start, and see if changing it the compare data changes anything. If not, you could look at some of the other tables and experiment with them.
    Always save as right as you open tuner pro,This does 2 things, You can easily go back a step in case something doesn't work, and you get a text file log with what you changed, when you are experimenting it helps a lot to figure out what worked and what didn't. If you mess with these settings, please report back with your findings.

Here are the values on the BDXA v6 5 speed binTunerPro_613bZWyDGe.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Comparing to BHFM stock 94 4cylinder 5 speed $OD, I see the following shift light settings that may be of interest
    TunerPro_WP7MjmjG2E.jpg
    TPS lower limit for shift light (High Gears) is where I would start, and see if changing it the compare data changes anything. If not, you could look at some of the other tables and experiment with them.
    Always save as right as you open tuner pro,This does 2 things, You can easily go back a step in case something doesn't work, and you get a text file log with what you changed, when you are experimenting it helps a lot to figure out what worked and what didn't. If you mess with these settings, please report back with your findings.

Oh yeah that probably will be useful thanks!

Also yeah i tried changing the guage minimum and found the same thing lol. Guess it just is what it is. Why would one even want negative spark? Even under heavy load why wpuld that help?

Fuel Injected!
    Also ive got my fueling to be pretty good. Still not perfect but it still feels a decent bit slower than it did before the swap. It also randomly gets every now and again a little surge where it pulls hard for like a half a mili second and then goes away.The original bin was in $9A on the old computer. Is there a way to compare between different masks? I could probably get 90 percent of this thing dialed right in if that were possible
    Last edited by Rob 689; 10-10-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Neg Advance is when the plug is fired after TDC instead of before.
    At that point you might as well be dieseling. That's my understanding,
    Peak power is theoretically supposed to happen at about 20 deg ATDC when the rod has leverage,
    I guess if it takes only 15 deg to fully ignight you could have -5 advance and it would be just right.
    But even then you are sparking after peak compression
    I guess the main question is what is causing the neg advance, is it in the main table, is it kr, or is it an octain multiplier

The original bin was in $9A on the old computer. Is there a way to compare between different masks? I could probably get 90 percent of this thing dialed right in if that were possible
    If you have a copy of it and an XDF for it, you can go to tools > custom tools > new tuner pro instance
    TunerPro_hvJsTwTotW.jpg
    Then you can have $od on one window and $9a in the other one and visually compare things like Spark advance table PE and VE and such.

Also ive got my fueling to be pretty good. Still not perfect
    It will never be perfect, as close as you can hope for is between -5 and 0

Fuel Injected!
    Im sure its spark advance but where do i even start

Fuel Injected!
    If you have a copy of it and an XDF for it, you can go to tools > custom tools > new tuner pro instance
    TunerPro_hvJsTwTotW.jpg
    Then you can have $od on one window and $9a in the other one and visually compare things like Spark advance table PE and VE and such.

It will never be perfect, as close as you can hope for is between -5 and 0
    Ahh thanks that’s helpful as i tried opening another window of tunerpro and it wouldnt let me. I only have one laptop lol. Anyways thanks

Also between -5 and 0? Of what afr error?

Fuel Injected!
    Since getting the fueling dialed in i only get knocks when i first start it when it fires initially and then sometimes when i sbap the throttle and under power enrichment. I reduced the power enrichment table and i think that solved knock retard i havent seen it come back since but the knock counts still pile up eventually even tho no knock retard occurs.

Im sure its spark advance but where do i even start
    If you are using the xdf from my zip folder change visibility to level 2 only,
    Main Spark advance table is there.

Looking at the stock timing tables they bottom out at 0 deg
    Im sure it is a multiplier somewhere

Fuel Injected!
    And the seat of my pants says its down on power when i get on it trying accelerate hard.

Fuel Injected!
    If you are using the xdf from my zip folder change visibility to level 2 only,
    Main Spark advance table is there.

Looking at the stock timing tables they bottom out at 0 deg
    Im sure it is a multiplier somewhere
    Hmm yeah ill keep looking. Should i be worried about changing all the negative spark cells to zero? That wont hurt anything right?

theres only a few and theoretically i shouldnt ever even hit them since theyre in the top end of the map like 80 kpa or so but at like idle rpm