Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PCM 16196396 Range selector 4L60E?

Fuel Injected!
    Also does anyone have the link to the BLM tuning spreadsheet i cant find it again. at least i can play around while i wait for the wideband sensor to get here and get the injectors sorted i do daily the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 689 View Post
    Also does anyone have the link to the BLM tuning spreadsheet i cant find it again. at least i can play around while i wait for the wideband sensor to get here and get the injectors sorted i do daily the truck.
    Have you ever played with Steveo's trimalyzer? It's pretty cool, and I think a little easier than using a spreadsheet.

http://ecmhack.com/trimalyzer/
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    Have you ever played with Steveo's trimalyzer? It's pretty cool, and I think a little easier than using a spreadsheet.

http://ecmhack.com/trimalyzer/
    never even heard of it. thanks

I made a how to post on how to use it open loop with a wide band
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-with-WIDEBAND

Fuel Injected!
    So all this time that ive been reading about importing .csv files i had just assumed that tunerproRT outputs the data logs in csv format but i just looked and its like xdl or whatever. how do i convert to csv?

Fuel Injected!
    Is this for those who tune only in open loop and never intend to even operate in closed loop? Or do you use this to tune the PE fueling?

Or is it important to also tune the open loop fueling for warm up? im new to tuning and currently practicing on a basically stock motor. has headers and egr delete. supposedly has a mild cam the seller told me but i dont think even he knew for sure but idk.
    Last edited by Rob 689; 09-25-2022 at 05:03 AM.

Stevo intended it for blm tuning. I manipulated the data log to show wide band like a fuel trim, so the same functions of trimalyzer work while open loop. These older systems are a little slow to adjust themselves if the tune is very far off. If you own a wide band it's quite quick to go open loop to dial it in. You can also filter your loggs to only show when PE is active and edit your PE ratio accordingly. And when tuning your VE, you can leave PE decel and AE on, and just filter it out in trimalyzer. Once you're ve is close you can go back to closed loop
    If you don't have a wide band it will work fine with blm

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 689 View Post
    So all this time that ive been reading about importing .csv files i had just assumed that tunerproRT outputs the data logs in csv format but i just looked and its like xdl or whatever. how do i convert to csv?
    If you read my how to it goes over that with pictures

If you download the readme file, it says basically the same thing but has the screenshots right along with each step

When you are done driving and ready to make adjustments, you need to export your log file to CSV file.

Click "Acqusition > Export Log File"

Make sure the correct log file is selected, then click "Export"

You will then be propted to create a file name for the new file. You should not name it exactly the same as the original log file, at least 1 charector should be different. If its exactly the same, you don't get a useable file.
    Once named, click save.
    a progress bar should be visible at the bottom of the screen, if you have a fast computer, or not a verry long log, you might not even see it.
    Once complete, you can either export another file or click cancel to close the exporter dialog
    Here I copied it for you

Fuel Injected!
    Stevo intended it for blm tuning. I manipulated the data log to show wide band like a fuel trim, so the same functions of trimalyzer work while open loop. These older systems are a little slow to adjust themselves if the tune is very far off. If you own a wide band it's quite quick to go open loop to dial it in. You can also filter your loggs to only show when PE is active and edit your PE ratio accordingly. And when tuning your VE, you can leave PE decel and AE on, and just filter it out in trimalyzer. Once you're ve is close you can go back to closed loop
    If you don't have a wide band it will work fine with blm
    Ahh i see so rough tuning basically. I do have a wide band sensor is fried tho and im waiting on a new sensor in the mail. thank you for the info.

It works well for fine tuning also! If you're real far off though it's quicker to go open loop. If you use blms, you have to be sure and reset your trims each tune. One of my favorite things about it is you can combine lots of loggs and get an idea of how you are running over a longer period of time. You can just drive like normal filter out idle flag, then go back and filter only idle flag, and get your idle ve and main ve dialed in.

Fuel Injected!
    It works well for fine tuning also! If you're real far off though it's quicker to go open loop. If you use blms, you have to be sure and reset your trims each tune. One of my favorite things about it is you can combine lots of loggs and get an idea of how you are running over a longer period of time. You can just drive like normal filter out idle flag, then go back and filter only idle flag, and get your idle ve and main ve dialed in.
    Nice. It does seem like a clean program it’s definitely easy to use. Their website claims its some new fangled bad assness. How accurate is it in your use? Can it do wbo2 closed loop?

Fuel Injected!
    Also im confused as to why my blms were all over the place on the old computer and now theyre rock solid on a factory fuel map with the new pcm?? Like is the new one that much better? I also fried my o2 sensors with fuel trying to start it after the swap. I replaced my narrow band single wire with the three wire heated sensor. I do have headers. But i did also manage to tune it out on the old one by adjusting the ve table i was doing the (blm/128)*fuel map cell formula but i had to do it every cell individually. Thats why i upgraded for easier tuning and wide babd input. But now it doeant need it.

What im trying to ask i guess is this. Is the new pcm really just that much better or is it the o2 sensor upgrade with the headers thats more likely responsible?

Fuel Injected!
    I did go through the parameter and found that the blm max and min were set to 126 and 128 and a few other settings that seemed to limit it. I changed it but how do i be sure its not that. Im still waiting on my wbo2 sensor.

Also how do you reset the fuel trims between changes? Pull battery cable right?

If you want to run closed loop, you should look at a stock unmodified bin more minimum and maximum.

You are supposed to be able to reset fuel trims with a command from the aldl, but I never could find enough information on it for to follow so I unhook the battery.
    I actually find trimalyzer more accurate than commercial products. I use it on OBD2 also. The more information you have the better picture you can get of how the engine is running on an average. That's why I think it's important to be able to combine logs. A couple bad samples don't cause you to make a mistake that way.

It can read off your wide band in closed loop as well, if you choose arbitrary input it will display what the average AFR is if you select the wbO2 form your main trim. If closed loop though all this does is tell you how Accurate your fuel trims are.