Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: building a C3(747) to P4(730) adapter harness

Administrator
    I did the same thing but the wall thickness of the connector is too large. What you really want is splice connectors. These are also the correct conenctor when connecting several circuits at one point, like your injector power and ignition power wires.
    http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...plices/1441974

Fuel Injected!
    the rear or the top row pins(A & C rows) have been bent out so the are directly aft of the connector. the bottom row is slightly bent aft(approx 45*), test fit the pins w/connectors and has plenty of clearance. back to work this week so i doubt it will be finished soon. hopefully will be done by friday with fini pics.

Administrator
    Well, it sounds like you've got it figured out, then. If those sleeves are really aluminum like you said you might want to test solder one before crimping all of them.

Fuel Injected!
    yeah, i just finished the E/F connector, solid and a little bit more snug but thats because of the shrink wrap. but overall i think it will work well once all the pins are home

In case someone missed this on Thirdgen it is an easier version to solder up some wires to. Way less work then removing one from an ECM as well.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...HCA-001&eq=&Tp=

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    In case someone missed this on Thirdgen it is an easier version to solder up some wires to. Way less work then removing one from an ECM as well.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...HCA-001&eq=&Tp=
    Wow, thats sweet! Wonder if they make one for the 7427 style pcm's?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    almost done, just need to tidy it up a little more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    So as I was sitting in the barn separating lots of cut wires from ecm connectors tonight, I realized that missing the painfully obvious is a good way to win a Darwin Award. IOW, the terminals designed to fit the ecm connector could be trimmed, slipped over the pin and soldered, then shrink wrapped, and they'd do a very nice job.