Hello everyone. I'm currently getting the gear needed to start tuning, both obd1 and 2. And I wold like to create a video for dummies (like me lol), on how to begin tuning older EFI cars using Tuner Cat and Jet. The only thing I'm missing is the obd1/2 aldl. For starters, should I get the obd1/2 lt1 tuner kit from tuner cat, or the tuner kit pro (both being Y kits)? I'm willing to give a new product a try, if any. I know there's a program that comes with the pro.But do I need it? I recall someone mentioning on making my own ALDL. Is it worth? Anyhow, I would like to collaborate with anyone, or even a group, to create a visual aid for beginners. Of course everyone who provides good guidance will be credited. I don't make a living on the videos. I simply do it to help others while learning something new (retirement sucks!!!) Today I get my jet, so I will dabble with that, until I can pull the trigger on the Tuner Cat Kit. Hopefully buy then, I'll feel a little bit more comfortable with the tuning software's. I've gone through some of the tutorials, and most of it reads like stereo instructions (jk).

First thing I need is a starter list. So far I have the following:

-Computer (XP or higher)
-Flashhack
-eehack
-Tuner Pro RT
-JetDST and/or TunerCat ALDL OBD1/2 Usb converter

Am I missing anything?

Second
I know the very first thing to do, is to create a main back up of the cars program. Which brings me to a question. How do I take my current obd2 program and back it up with the ALDL obd1 using TPR? Basically to convert my obd2 tune to using an obd1 computer. As I continue down my path, I will follow up with questions and an open mind. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

Third
What's needed to convert from obd2 to a 1. And from what I've gathered:

-An ecm that controls that specific motor will be be ok. In this case I have a 16188051 for my obd1 conversion for an LT1 (Am I tracking?)
-Obd1 knock sensor. Although I'm unclear on the conversion process, but I'll worry about it when I get to that bridge.

If you're curious about my channel and the content I put out, feel free to pay it a visit: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfN...FFwN_k-WNX-0uA (Kodiak Outdoors). That's pretty much all I have at the moment. But I look forward to learning and working with everyone. Thank you