Thread: SCARED OF EBL P4 SETTINGS, READY TO INSTALL.

SCARED OF EBL P4 SETTINGS, READY TO INSTALL.

So here is what i got thus far.

I started with the factory 7730 AUJP bin and got the old girl tunes pretty well... ZZ430 clone, stealthram intake, Accel 30lb# injectors, full MSD everything... Name it! It's built or aftermarket.

I got a P4 from my pal Tuned Performance Brian and i started getting the 3006 bin ready as it is listed as a aluminum headed manual 350. I plan to go TKX 5 speed but for now i changed it to automatic checking the correct flags as listed from the 3005 bin.

I took all the info from my factory AUJP bin like VE tables and values and spark table values etc then filled in the higher res spots not in the factory AUJp to make due for now until we can do learns on it.

I have a AEM X EUGO WB and have it ready to plug in and have it set to channel 1 for WB reporting and learning.

But i noticed all the different settings and options that i kind of scared of now... Factory is simple, i really got this P4 for the procharger i plan to install coming also...

I am just worried.. I got some time and effort in this old gal and i don't wanna screw something up cause i didn't look over a option that i don't understand.. Like "PRP"vs.. What is "PRP"?!?

Errrrrrrr. It's enough to make ya wanna pull ya hair out.. Well... If i had any that is....

Thoughts? Suggestions?!?

Thanks!

Adam

The Dynamic EFI requires TONS of homework! All the homework answers are in the information provided by Dynamic EFI.

dave w

I'm challenged with the EBL Copyright

No part of this document may reproduced in any form or posted on a web site without expressed written permission from Dynamic EFI.

EBL.jpg

EBL-2.jpg

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgta View Post
    But i noticed all the different settings and options that i kind of scared of now... Factory is simple, i really got this P4 for the procharger i plan to install coming also...
    There isn't much difference from a factory calibration. It is just that nearly every calibration entry is defined in the EBL ECMs.

I am just worried.. I got some time and effort in this old gal and i don't wanna screw something up cause i didn't look over a option that i don't understand.. Like "PRP"vs.. What is "PRP"?!?

Adam
    PRP is for proportional gains. See the Calibration Help document for the parameters:

Start->All Programs->EBL Flash->Calibration Help

It will open in your default browser. Which also makes it easy to do a search on the document (CTRL+F).

Once you get things set up, start the engine and see how it runs. Go out when traffic is light, data log, and drive around a little. Can then look at the fuel trims once back at home base (from the log).

Will likely want to do some VE Learns. But be sure to stay out of WOT until the engine is running better.

RBob.

Right now she is doing pretty good rob, so i figure a copy/paste of the VE tables i currently have should do it... I actually have a new bin ready that i smoothed up from what the current one is.. See attached photo of factory VE graph vs new smoothed for final burn..

I was just scared man, so many options, etc.. I look forward to putting the ebl in and buttoning it up, i ran the channel 1 white wire for WB feed with a weather pack connector so it looks factory and can be unplugged just like everything else. I go all out with my stuff..

Also, where can a fella get a spare connect cable?!? The one with the headphone jack? Cause i have (NEVER) had much luck with those and want to have a spare if needed.

Thanks!

Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgta View Post
    Also, where can a fella get a spare connect cable?!? The one with the headphone jack? Cause i have (NEVER) had much luck with those and want to have a spare if needed.

Thanks!

Adam
    The 3-wire pigtail that goes into the ECM connectors? We sell them at $5 plus shipping. The mini-plug to USB cable is $25, and is an off-the-shelf FTDI product. Their part number is on the USB end.

Nothing special about the pigtail cable. Standard stereo audio jack, wires, heat shrink and the three terminals.

RBob.