Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing os issues

Fuel Injected!

Changing os issues

Hello all. I am a new to this tuning hobby , but have a question . I have a 2001 chevrolet silverado with os 12208322 . I have a junk yard 2002 silverado pcm with os of 12212156 or so . I want to clone my 2001 pcm ( 12208322 os ) but pcm hammer says it is corrupted an wont proceed with the write os ...... ect. Different os issue , I have already read the entire pcm for both ( have a xdf for my 2001 pcm) hence the clone of the junk yard pcm . Am I doing something wrong in the write process? I have a bench harness for the junkyard pcm.

Might not have enough voltage at the power supply.

Fuel Injected!
    I will rewrite the os and flash , but to change to a new os and flash , pcmhammer or the power supply doesn't have enough power to change the os ?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    Might not have enough voltage at the power supply.
    Every thing is good within the pcm, then it is the check for os that it won't proceed , says they don't match so won't do anything ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by tullyh View Post
    I will rewrite the os and flash , but to change to a new os and flash , pcmhammer or the power supply doesn't have enough power to change the os ?
    The problem is that the PCM really likes to have over 12.5V and 1A of power available for a flash. Sometimes they work with less, but it can have issues on occasion. I would like to have a power supply that can reliably put out 13 to 14V and 2A. That way there are no power requirement issues. Are you able to read the voltage at the PCM using PCMLogger? That would probably give you a good idea of what the PCM is receiving.

Did you make any changes to the file you are trying to flash to the junkyard PCM? Might be a checksum issue depending on what XDF you are using. Since you already have read your original file, I would open it up with Universal Patcher and save though there with a new name. Universal Patcher automatically fixes any cheksum issues. I would then try to clone it using PCMHammer. I would probably try this even if no changes have taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by tullyh View Post
    Every thing is good within the pcm, then it is the check for os that it won't proceed , says they don't match so won't do anything ?!?
    Are you able to post the two files, your original 2001 12208322 OS and the 2002 12212156? I want to try them on my bench harness and see what happens.

Fuel Injected!
    The problem is that the PCM really likes to have over 12.5V and 1A of power available for a flash. Sometimes they work with less, but it can have issues on occasion. I would like to have a power supply that can reliably put out 13 to 14V and 2A. That way there are no power requirement issues. Are you able to read the voltage at the PCM using PCMLogger? That would probably give you a good idea of what the PCM is receiving.

Did you make any changes to the file you are trying to flash to the junkyard PCM? Might be a checksum issue depending on what XDF you are using. Since you already have read your original file, I would open it up with Universal Patcher and save though there with a new name. Universal Patcher automatically fixes any cheksum issues. I would then try to clone it using PCMHammer. I would probably try this even if no changes have taken place.
    No I did not make any changes , yet, I was wanting to clone my 2001 pcm , to save the original pcm
    , as a " just in case " I have issues ,

Fuel Injected!
    I will see what I can do. I have 12.3v 2amp power supply that is a proof of concept before I commit to that harness

Fuel Injected!
    Do you have a patcher in mind ? It is only the os thats is different ( obviously) that pcm hammer won't change it .

Fuel Injected!
    here are the two files, trying to change the 02 chevy OS, to the 01 chevy OS. I want to clone the 01 chevy pcm in other words .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Anybody have an idea?

Turns out it was a checksum issue. I tried to flash the 2001 file and PCMHammer gave me an error message. I then opened up the file in EFI Live and it looks like the Operating System checksum was not valid. I then opened up the file in Universal Patcher, saved it with a new name and was immediately able to clone my bench P01 with the 2001 file. Try the attached file and see if you are able to clone it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    How do I download and use that unversal patcher ? I looked into downloading a universal patcher off github that was a maze of a ordeal.

Fuel Injected!
    Turns out it was a checksum issue. I tried to flash the 2001 file and PCMHammer gave me an error message. I then opened up the file in EFI Live and it looks like the Operating System checksum was not valid. I then opened up the file in Universal Patcher, saved it with a new name and was immediately able to clone my bench P01 with the 2001 file. Try the attached file and see if you are able to clone it.
    OH ,thank you so much it worked flawlessly !