Thread: TIMING TABLES TOTAL TIMING

TIMING TABLES TOTAL TIMING

Question for FACTORY 8D SD 7730 AUJP and EBL P4 COMPUTER..

In the timing table of the factory 7730 SD attached of mine, at 100kpa or (ANYWHERE) shown in the table itself in each cell, is that the (TOTAL ALL IN) including the "BASE" 6* of timing shown or do you add 6* to whatever number is shown in each cell?!?

I have been given 2 answers to this, half say add 6* base, and others say that is (TOTAL END ALL BE ALL) timing in that cell whatever the value is set to. And when you compare to a factory AUJP timing table, it is (LOW AS HELL) at 95-100 KPA which has worried me more also....

I just need to know because i got a ZZ430 clone and am trying to get it dialed in perfect and 42* of timing is to me a "NO NO" for me even with 93 octane!!

I am pretty close as is tuning wise and already have a altered EBL P4 3006 bin that i have copied my current factory 7730 V.E and timing tables to and filled in the ones it didn't have due to being more expanded and covering more rpm and KPA the EBL gives you.. I also fixed it to auto for now so all i will have to do once the TKX is installed is to uncheck a couple of flags........

I am going to be installing the EBL P4 once i get the AEM wideband bung welded in and going tomorrow or next day hopefully.

I haven't changed (ANYTHING) in the timing tables except fixing the max in any cell to 38* as original tune was done by PCM FOR LESS back in the day i am told but when i called them they denied any tuning for TPI stuff etc. Then again it was done before 2010 as the car sit for like 12yr+ before he sold it to me...

Reason i fixed max at 38* is am told and have read Fast burn heads don't like much more and peak at 36* or so due to the way they are designed. So the factory areas that went higher than 38* got stopped at 38* and i also set the max timing total to 38* max in the scalars of the factory 7730 also to be safe....

Look good in your opinions?!? All in by 3200ish? ZZ430 CLONE, Stealthram intake, 30lb Accel injectors with proper voltage Offsets programmed as well using Accel chart..

Also, is it the same in the EBL P4 for timing totals as well??

I know (SOMEONE) must have the exact answer for sure here.. Too many guys who know their stuff here...

I appreciate the responses, and thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by badgta; 08-31-2022 at 11:24 PM. Reason: added details

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgta View Post
    Question for FACTORY 8D SD 7730 AUJP and EBL P4 COMPUTER..

In the timing table of the factory 7730 SD attached of mine, at 100kpa or (ANYWHERE) shown in the table itself in each cell, is that the (TOTAL ALL IN) including the "BASE" 6* of timing shown or do you add 6* to whatever number is shown in each cell?!?

I have been given 2 answers to this, half say add 6* base, and others say that is (TOTAL END ALL BE ALL) timing in that cell whatever the value is set to. And when you compare to a factory AUJP timing table, it is (LOW AS HELL) at 95-100 KPA which has worried me more also....

I just need to know because i got a ZZ430 clone and am trying to get it dialed in perfect and 42* of timing is to me a "NO NO" for me even with 93 octane!!

I am pretty close as is tuning wise and already have a altered EBL P4 3006 bin that i have copied my current factory 7730 V.E and timing tables to and filled in the ones it didn't have due to being more expanded and covering more rpm and KPA the EBL gives you.. I also fixed it to auto for now so all i will have to do once the TKX is installed is to uncheck a couple of flags........

I am going to be installing the EBL P4 once i get the AEM wideband bung welded in and going tomorrow or next day hopefully.

I haven't changed (ANYTHING) in the timing tables except fixing the max in any cell to 38* as original tune was done by PCM FOR LESS back in the day i am told but when i called them they denied any tuning for TPI stuff etc. Then again it was done before 2010 as the car sit for like 12yr+ before he sold it to me...

Reason i fixed max at 38* is am told and have read Fast burn heads don't like much more and peak at 36* or so due to the way they are designed. So the factory areas that went higher than 38* got stopped at 38* and i also set the max timing total to 38* max in the scalars of the factory 7730 also to be safe....

Look good in your opinions?!? All in by 3200ish? ZZ430 CLONE, Stealthram intake, 30lb Accel injectors with proper voltage Offsets programmed as well using Accel chart..

Also, is it the same in the EBL P4 for timing totals as well??

I know (SOMEONE) must have the exact answer for sure here.. Too many guys who know their stuff here...

I appreciate the responses, and thank you!
    Fast Burn style chambers generally like 30-34 degrees at WOT. They usually like a fair bit more at part throttle. As high as 50°.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Fast Burn style chambers generally like 30-34 degrees at WOT. They usually like a fair bit more at part throttle. As high as 50°.
    My gal runs top, but i just need to know is that the (TOTAL TIMING) end all be all shown in those tables because i got all the other "ADDERS" like P.E spark advance etc set to 0's on (ALL) of them!

So for instance, in the 100kpa bar is that the total W.O.T timing or not? Do i add the initial 6* or not to it? or is that with the factory 6* built in?!?

Fuel Injected!
    why not verify it with a timing light?

Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    why not verify it with a timing light?
    Ughhhhhhh

How do you get a engine to 100kpa at 6500 rpm or 3200 even while not driving it?!?

I mean, this should be known by now....

With all other optional settings like P.E SA adders, temp SA adders, etc set to (0) that the main timing table is it, i just need to know is the table (WITH ADVANCE) or do you add (BASE 6*) timing to whatever is in the table?!?

Fuel Injected!
    the same way it was done when distributors still had weights and springs... disconnecting the vac hose to the map will make it read 100 kpa. if you cant figure out how to bring the throttle up then you should probably find a new hobby.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgta View Post
    Ughhhhhhh

How do you get a engine to 100kpa at 6500 rpm or 3200 even while not driving it?!?

I mean, this should be known by now....

With all other optional settings like P.E SA adders, temp SA adders, etc set to (0) that the main timing table is it, i just need to know is the table (WITH ADVANCE) or do you add (BASE 6*) timing to whatever is in the table?!?
    Why would you blindly zero that stuff out. Most of it serves an actual purpose and you can really fubar stuff up doing that. Alot of the tables use a bias value and the bias value itself can mess with the timing if you zero out the corresponding table. With the initial timing value in the bin file the same as the initial on the engine, no adding is required. If you have 30° programmed, set the distributor at 10° and have the initial in the bin file at 10° you get ~30°. If you set the initial to 10° and leave the initial at 6° in the bin, you have now added 4°.
    Last edited by Fast355; 09-07-2022 at 09:11 AM.

I zerod those like P.E SA adder etc cause i was the timing table to be the timing period! Now there is (1) table that has a temp bias deal i never messed with, but the rest is ZERO!!

That way the table is it! Glad to know that is the total end all be all timing, question answered.... What is in the timing table you may need to add or subtract for other tables but if those are zero'd out then that is it.

Good to know!

Fuel Injected!
    Main advance table is total timing with initial advance added already but still can be modified by adder tables.

THERE IS MY ANSWER!!!!!

THANK YOU!

I have all "OTHER" adders at (zero) as there is no need when the timing is set at main timing table. Basically it is like me using the main timing table as a old school vacuum, mechanical, etc advance all in one controlled there...

Simple enough, and now i have my awnser, i am happy. Cause now i can feel easy about dynoing and doing some high rpm tuning. See what this baby puts down.... Shooting for 375WHP+