Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best tuner platform????

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKodiak View Post
    Well, I ended up pulling the trigger for the JET DST. I wanted to make the conversion to obd1 and go with tuner cat.
    But I will admit, I am a bit intimidated about making a lot of adjustments to accommodate the new ECM.
    I will on the other hand, slowly work my way toward the obd1 and TunerCat. Since Jet was TunerCat, is the software compatible? Wish me luck fellas.
    The sooner you convert to OBD1, the sooner you'll be glad you did, especially once you get the hang of $EEhack.
    So far, not one person has regretted an OBD1LT1 conversion, and nearly all of those were before steveo got FlashHack & $EEhack fully sorted.

JET DST IS TunerCAT OBD2, but with more restrictions and less tech support.
    It looks, walks, swims, and quacks like TunerCAT OBD2, but for the most part, not compatible.
    Don't be surprised if you find yourself asking TunerCAT for the latest OBD2LT1 definition file - the one thing TunerCAT will provide for JET DST OBD2LT1 customers.

JET DST (OBD2) and TunerCAT OBD1LT1, despite their shockingly similar appearance, and the ability to copypaste data from either to either, are NOT compatible.

Once you do the OBD1LT1 conversion, and get the hang of $EEhack, you won't need any more luck.
    THEY are NOT Lying to You.
    You are NOT Even Lying to Yourself.
    You ARE Being Lied to ... by Your SELF.
    The Last Psychiatrist, aka ... Alone ...

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not giving up on obd1. I bought a 16188051 ecm as well. I already downloaded the software. All that's left is odb1 cable. From there I plan on fooling around with it. Of course within reason. Is it worth getting the bench programming kit? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarky Dissod View Post
    The sooner you convert to OBD1, the sooner you'll be glad you did, especially once you get the hang of $EEhack.
    So far, not one person has regretted an OBD1LT1 conversion, and nearly all of those were before steveo got FlashHack & $EEhack fully sorted.

JET DST IS TunerCAT OBD2, but with more restrictions and less tech support.
    It looks, walks, swims, and quacks like TunerCAT OBD2, but for the most part, not compatible.
    Don't be surprised if you find yourself asking TunerCAT for the latest OBD2LT1 definition file - the one thing TunerCAT will provide for JET DST OBD2LT1 customers.

JET DST (OBD2) and TunerCAT OBD1LT1, despite their shockingly similar appearance, and the ability to copypaste data from either to either, are NOT compatible.

Once you do the OBD1LT1 conversion, and get the hang of $EEhack, you won't need any more luck.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not giving up on obd1. I bought a 16188051 ecm as well. I already downloaded the software. All that's left is obd1 cable.
    From there I plan on fooling around with it. Of course within reason. Is it worth getting the bench programming kit? Thanks
    No one said you were giving up on OBD1.
    Don't forget the OBD1 knock sensors, unless you're going to modify the OBD1 pcm to receive OBD2 knock sensor signals.

'bench programming kit'? Do you mean FlashHack, TunerProRT with $EE definition file, and $EEhack? Or TunerCAT OBD1 LT1?
    Either way, yes.

Fuel Injected!
    I was referring to Bench Force. I didn't know what it was called at the time. I would like to be able to tinker with the software and ECM while indoors. S. Texas weather is just too harsh lol. But, looking at the price, it might be better just to suck up the heat... lmao. On the Tuner Cat Obd cord, I need the obd2 adapter, and not the obd1?

Quote Originally Posted by LeMarky Dissod View Post
    No one said you were giving up on OBD1.
    Don't forget the OBD1 knock sensors, unless you're going to modify the OBD1 pcm to receive OBD2 knock sensor signals.

'bench programming kit'? Do you mean FlashHack, TunerProRT with $EE definition file, and $EEhack? Or TunerCAT OBD1 LT1?
    Either way, yes.
    Last edited by TheKodiak; 09-02-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I was referring to Bench Force. I didn't know what it was called at the time. I would like to be able to tinker with the software and ECM while indoors.
    S. Texas weather is just too harsh. But, looking at the price, it might be better just to suck up the heat.
    On the Tuner Cat Obd cord, I need the obd2 adapter, and not the obd1?
    You are tuning your pcm or pcms in your car or cars, yes?
    If you are not remotely tuning other people's pcms, read from and write to your pcms from inside the car.
    Edit the file to your heart's content indoors, or anywhere you and your laptop can go. You only need to read and write on site.

To write to the OBD2 pcm requires the OBD2 adapter.
    To write to the OBD1 pcm requires the OBD2 connector with OBD1 wiring.