Thread: Need help - problems with checksums in Tuner pro

Carb and Points!

Need help - problems with checksums in Tuner pro

Hello guys,

I am a newbie so go easy on me. My first experience with LS Droid and Tuner pro was successful, I think. I was able to write a modified bin to my ECM but now I am having trouble in saving anything. I have an ECM with OS 12593058 from a 03 Suburban 4x4. I am trying to flash that to the 12587603 because of the availability of the 603 bin and xdf files. I have read this is possible but I don't know exactly how to do it. I have downloaded the "04 Chevy 1500 4x2 LM7 12878603.bin" file from Bored truck Owner's depository and I am using the "XDF - file Operating Systems 12587603 - 1Mb PCM - 2004 model year.xdf" See screenshot.

I have tried other bins and other xdfs but always get the "Error - One or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing etc, for validity" I tried adding the "1 Mb PCM OS checksum Plugin.dll" to my plugin directory and I still get this error. It does however seem to save the file because the * goes away in the bin file name but I am worried it is really not saving or will cause other problems if I try and write this to the new ECM and hook this up to the vehicle. I am currently using a bench harness setup so it is not on the truck yet.

What am I doing wrong? I can't figure it out. Can you help me please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The XDF you are using is not the most complete for the 7603 OS. I developed an XDF for the 12593058 OS based on the 7603 OS and I'll be attaching it to this post. I believe that the 3058 OS is only compatible with 2003 PCMs that had the Intel chip and will not work with P59s that have the AMD chip. You should be able to flash the 7603, or any other OS to the Intel chip, but you cannot flash an Intel OS to an AMD chip.

Either way, I'm attaching the XDF for the 3058 OS so that you can use your factory OS. You will need to copy the plugin file to your "Plugins" folder in your TunerPro directory and the checksums should not be an issue. I'm also attaching the most up to date 7603 XDF with the matching plugin (it's the same for both, only need one copy).

Now it's up to you if you want to keep the OS that came with the PCM, or change it to 7603. They pretty much have the same parameters defined, and if it were my PCM, I would try to keep the original OS with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    The XDF you are using is not the most complete for the 7603 OS. I developed an XDF for the 12593058 OS based on the 7603 OS and I'll be attaching it to this post. I believe that the 3058 OS is only compatible with 2003 PCMs that had the Intel chip and will not work with P59s that have the AMD chip. You should be able to flash the 7603, or any other OS to the Intel chip, but you cannot flash an Intel OS to an AMD chip.

Either way, I'm attaching the XDF for the 3058 OS so that you can use your factory OS. You will need to copy the plugin file to your "Plugins" folder in your TunerPro directory and the checksums should not be an issue. I'm also attaching the most up to date 7603 XDF with the matching plugin (it's the same for both, only need one copy).

Now it's up to you if you want to keep the OS that came with the PCM, or change it to 7603. They pretty much have the same parameters defined, and if it were my PCM, I would try to keep the original OS with it.
    Thank you Pulse! You are awesome! Can't wait to try this both of these options later when I get home. Thank you for your help!

Carb and Points!
    Pulse - I was able to flash the 3058 ECM last night with your new files. Had no checksum problems. Thank you very much for your help. I have another ECM that was 7603 originally and will try the other file tonight just so I have a spare.

Thank you again. I very much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellistuner View Post
    Pulse - I was able to flash the 3058 ECM last night with your new files. Had no checksum problems. Thank you very much for your help. I have another ECM that was 7603 originally and will try the other file tonight just so I have a spare.

Thank you again. I very much appreciate it.
    Glad I could help!