Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TBI Tuning for dummies?

Quote Originally Posted by IamBrad View Post
    Ok, so I was playing around with your spreadsheet and I have some questions. Not so much about the main functionality of the spreadsheet. I think I've figured that out and it's pretty straight forward. The one functionality question I do have is. I see where you have a table for PE Active AFR however, I don't see anywhere that this is used to create an adjustment for the VE map. Is there a different spreadsheet where this is used?

My other question and please keep in mind this is coming from a Excel/Data geek and not a tuner. Is there a reason you are using the Fixed AFR for Closed loop only rather than using the Desired AFR input which would appear to also work with open loop and PE data and allow you to move into the higher RPM ranges as well. Functionality wise it seems like an easy switch since the desired AFR data is already there. Just insert another table populate it with the Desired AFR and compare that to the WBO2 data. I guess if the issue is related to closed loop data you could use this of the Open Loop and PE data.

Anyway, nice work on the spreadsheet.
    Honestly, I never considered using Desired AFR. I consider AFR as a measurement, and configured Excel to tune based on what is being measured by the WBO2 meter.

$E6, $OD, $31, and $OE have tables for PE (MAP vs. RPM vs. TPS). The PE data in the spreadsheet provides "clues" for adjusting the PE tables.

Sometimes the spreadsheet is repurposed for Open Loop tuning by changing all Open Loop / Closed Loop Column values over to Closed Loop.

Intermediate and advanced Excel users will often "Sort" data to find data like AFR when AE is active only.

I often joke with gearhead-efi members. . . there is Power in the Excel spreadsheet.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I often joke with gearhead-efi members. . . there is Power in the Excel spreadsheet.
    There definitely is. Excel is kind of my thing. There is so much you can do with it. I've been using it daily for 15+ years and I still learn new stuff all the time. So, I like the idea of doing more with it. I already had some ideas just from playing around with one of the data exports. But, your template has given me some more ideas. I'm still in the middle of year end at work so, it's a bit busy right now. But, once I have some more time I plan to play around with it and see what else I can do. In addition to trying the comparison to desired AFR I'm also thinking about maybe playing with some dynamic filters that will allow you to toggle between open and closed loop data by using a drop down.