Hi all, I'm totally new to the TBI tuning (or tuning in general) and I'm just trying to figure out the basics. I've been reading a lot of different threads and post but they all seem to assume that you already have an understanding on why you do certain things. So, I'm wondering if anybody has any links to information on why we tune certain things and what are the items you want to start with. I'm not trying to be a pro or tune a race car. I just want to have enough of an understanding on how to adjust my tune and optimize it for some changes such as a new cam, exhaust, TBI mods etc. as I make those changes.

Here is where I am now. I've got the Moates Burn 2 and G1 adapter. I've figured out how to read the bin off my stock chip, how to load that into Tuner Pro along with all the definitions etc. and how to then burn the bin back to a new chip.

So, my question now is where should I start and what things should I look at? I'm not necessarily looking for how to do things. I'm pretty sure can find that on the interwebs once I know what I'm looking for. I'm mostly looking for the what and why.

I see a lot about VE tuning. Is that where I should start? I've read that spark advance is one of the later things you should work on. Also, why is VE tuning so important if the PCM already adjusts fueling based on O2 sensor readings?

What would be the next things to look at after VE?

Thanks for any help.