Thread: TBI tuning gear

Fuel Injected!

TBI tuning gear

I'm trying to get started in tuning my LO3 Camaro.

Lots of dead product links out there in writeups and discontinued products on vendor pages as well.

I have an ALDL cable that works.

But I'm looking for an emulator and/or burner set-up that works with TunerPro. What's the current "go to" for that hardware?

Dynamic EFI EBL Flash is an option ($450 with ECM) that solves ALL the hard to find / obsolete tuning hardware challenges: https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

The factory chip can be erased with Ultra Violet (UV) light and reprogrammed with a chip programmer: https://www.amazon.com/PRG-109-GQ-4X...6009498&sr=8-6

The chip file is called a binary or .bin file.

TunerPro or TunerPro RT can edit the .bin file.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the links Dave.

I've been considering that EBL Flash setup but I had started getting interested in doing more than just this one car and was wondering what was still available.

The obsolescence of OBD1 is here and now.

If someone is just starting out with EFI Tuning, OBD2 Tuning is the future and worth investing money and time into.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I understand that but I don't have anything that's OBD2 that I want to mess with right now. Pulling the PE delay out of my black box ECM 5.7L Vortec doesn't really justify the cost of the equipment to do it.

This Camaro is a nice, stock survivor. I just want to tweak it a little bit and maybe throw some headers and a mild cam in it just to have something to play with.

Maybe a G8 GT or some other LS powered toy is in my future, but it's a distant future when I'm not still trying to feed and clothe the offspring.

The EBL Flash system is a very good option, if the budget will allow it. The documentation included with EBL Flash is very good

When the time comes to sell the LO3 Camaro, re-installing the original factory ECM could be an option.

Fuel Injected!
    find a used moates autoprom, burn2 &ostrich for sale. they are usually lightly used, less than new and come up often on this forum.

the "goto" for the last 10+ years has been the equipment mentioned above. I wouldn't waste your time with a uv chip burner myself