Thread: Need help with segment swap

Carb and Points!

Need help with segment swap

sorry in advance if this is in the wrong area, or has been covered
    fairly new to tuning in general and have been bashing my head against a wall trying to figure out how to do this with tunerpro

ive got a 2003 escalade LQ4/4L65E that had the pcm tuned by the previous owner using tunerpro and pcm hammer, ive been chasing my tail trying to figure out a lean misfire and bogging when trying to take off, fuel pressure is good, new iridium plugs ect so i finally decided to look into the tune itself after noticing that it would bog under 4k rpm but straighten out after that what i found was the pcm is programmed for a 5.3l

fortunately the previous owner gave me a flash drive with the factory tune and a copy of the tune he flashed into it. but they are different OS's.

whats the easiest way to go about doing a segment swap from the orginal tune to the new tune for the engine?

ive read it can be done in hex editior, but after looking into it i dont feel comfortable trying that just yet.

attached are both bin files if anyone would like to look them over and see if there are any other things that might have been done wrong

Thanks in advance!

I'm attaching a copy of the original tune (12579405) with the torque management deleted like in the 12587603 file. I'm also attaching and XDF for the 12579405 so that you can return back to the original OS and back to your VIN being correct.

I would probably start off with putting back the original file and go from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    I'm attaching a copy of the original tune (12579405) with the torque management deleted like in the 12587603 file. I'm also attaching and XDF for the 12579405 so that you can return back to the original OS and back to your VIN being correct.

I would probably start off with putting back the original file and go from there.
    Thank you!

did you make the xdf for the 12579405? i searched and could never find one i tried universal patcher but the xdf seemed off.