Thread: Hello! I'm new to the forum

Carb and Points!

Hello! I'm new to the forum

I've got a 2000 C5 Corvette, manual swapped with a 3.15 rear-end. I enjoy tuning my vehicles, and I'm currently in the process of getting a rusEFI piggyback unit set up for some fun race car stuff.
    Previously I had a prototype Speeduino unit running the car, however that got damaged after an unexpected snow storm caused condensation to form in the unit and fry it.
    I'm looking forward to getting the C5 thinking like a manual (its still running with an A4 brain) hopefully this forum could help me with that.

I've also got an 06 VW Jetta 1.9 TDI with the BRM PD engine that I am lowering compression on to get better fuel/boost capabilities out of it for my short drives to the supermarket. It loves to whistle. (upped boost and fuel)

Oh yeah, I'm from Texas. We drive crazy sometimes.

Administrator
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum. That's an unexpected combination of vehicles to be sure. Hopefully you can find tools here to help get them running as well as you'd like.

I have heard a few interesting stories about driving in Texas, including an old one about a pair of Rangers in an old Mopar wagon outrunning a guy in a C2 Vette... and waving as they passed. Sounds like a helluva place to have a fast car.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks!
    I used to own a 1997 Ford Probe GT, a BMW 540I (also manual swapped). Had a 2005 Escalade that was gonna get a big turbo but it got stolen before that ever happened. I got pretty used to owning unique car combos.
    The TDI is awesome fun to tune, but so is pretty much any peppy V8.

The Police in Texas don't really care about speeders unless you are traveling between cities and the state troopers catch you on the long 2 lane stretches.

The ones you gotta worry about are the Texas Parks and Wildlife. They will jack your boat trailer in a heartbeat if its even a day past registration, or is missing a sticker.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 06-24-2022 at 05:12 AM.