Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trouble connecting

Carb and Points!

trouble connecting

I'm new to this. Trying to connect to my 7747 pcm using tunerpro RT version 5 on windows 7. I'm using moates Xtreme ALDL and cannot get connected? the XDF and ADX are both loaded and the ADX is converted from ADS to ADX per moates instructions for using version 5. . someone please help me get started.

Try this ADX
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've used that and know the guy who worked on it!

But mine is better...

If neither of these hook up you need to be sure you have the FTDI drivers, link from Moates, make sure your cable is on Com3 or 4 is best, look under preferences, Data Acq Emulation and check that cable is same Com port. It's not supposed to matter but it happens to me still if I move the cable to a differant USB port.

You don't need the XDF to get data, it's for making changes to the bin file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Ahhh there's a newer ADX AND XDF for the $42 mask eh? Time for an addition to my library of files!

I might also suggest just seeing if you can connect with WINALDL, just to see what happens? It's not as sophisticated as TunerPro of course and it doesn't require an ADX, but it might help you figure something out for your connection issue.

Carb and Points!
    I have the driver from moates installed too. Last week i tried using WinALDL and i got no success with that either. I know there was something about winALDL causing problems with tunerpro so i took that software out. Also i noticed moates website says for version V of tunerpro to change the ADX under data transfer to 67 Body size(Dec). If i could only get this bad boy to communicate i'd be :)

Carb and Points!
    Also, tunerpro says that the cable is recognized and functional... Really appreciate the help guys I'm used to being the helper not the Helpeee

WINALDL has never caused me problems, unless of course I tried to open both WINALDL and TunerPro at the same time Then neither would work until I closed both programs and opened one at a time. I could switch back and forth between WINALDL and TP for logging when I still had my 7747 ECM

Are you clicking the "Acquire Data Connect/Disconnect" button in TP to make the connection once everything is plugged in? It's two blue arrows, one points left the other right.

Connect your ALDL to ALDL cable and also laptop. Key on. Start TP. Press "connect" like I said above.

Carb and Points!
    yes sir, tried connecting that way. I have a Snap on Verdict scan tool for datalogging too. Can i use that for logging my data and then make the changes after I log it there?

That information on Moates site is old news. Nothing in the file I attached needs to be changed.

If you can't connect with WinALDL or TunerPro then it is a cable issue. Plug cable in and go to printers and devices and find it, what Com Port? Same Com Port in TunerPro?

Sometimes a PC restart, plug cable in, open TP and click connect will work, if not disconnect, move cable to another USB port and try till your out of USB ports. This is supposed to not be needed in Windows 7 but my cable still works or does not work on 2 of 3 USB ports...

-= =-

I'm really not familiar enough with the scan tool you speak of to say whether it would work or not. But if you can capture data with it, like your BLM, and you also have some way to transfer it to a computer to work with it then, yeah, it might work.

Honestly I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet on getting TP to connect. I know when I first started out I had my share of basic connection issues. It can all be worked through.

Yeah it has to be something really basic. Double, triple check your com port settings like Mark suggested.

Carb and Points!
    ah, the verdict is something new ive used it on alot of the older GM ecms and stuff it makes the logs records them, it has the BLM and all the data were using with the ADX files. runs off of windows 7. i could probably use that. i really want to use the tunerpro so i have everything all on one page. I'm running out of time here tonight but ill definately try what eaglemark is saying with finding my cable and making sure all is in line that way.

Trying to use data from a scan tool compared to data from TunerPro is like Olympics to Special Olympics...

-= =-

How do you figure that?