Thread: Dynamic EFI, EBL Flash II, TBI, tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

Dynamic EFI, EBL Flash II, TBI, tuning

Good morning,

New guy here and new to forums. I apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

I am new to tuning and have been playing around with my Dynamic EFI system and reading lots of information and forums.

I have been messing with it for a little over six months and 1500 miles. It runs pretty good but i was hoping for better fuel mileage. Im sure it is something that i havent set right or dont know about yet.

Is there anyone that has experience with the Dynamic EFI EBL Flash II system and Tuner Pro RT, that would be willing to read over my settings while doing VE learns and etc.

If it helps, I could also list my build to give a better idea on what I am working with.

Mike

I developed an Excel Spreadsheet for Dynamic EFI, see screen shots below. The spreadsheet is helpful for tuning Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) and Spark Advance (SA) averages.

Are you doing VE Learns using AFR?

dave w

Log 4 _ Lower AFR.jpg

Log 4 _ Upper AFR.jpg

Log 4 _ Lower Spark Advance.jpg

Log 4 _ Upper Spark Advance.jpg

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the reply Dave

I am tuning by using AFR. I have the capability of using a NBO2 or a WBO2 sensors.

In all reality, the EBL Whats up Display is doing the learning through its VE learn feature. Im just looking over the changes to see if they arent too far out of range to try. So far, I have used the VE learn and added some SA to the BIN supplied with the Dynamic EFI system.

Do I need to compare the tables in the BIN file to your spreadsheets to see if they are close?

Mike

The spreadsheet is another way of looking at the AFR's and SA. Usually the VE learns have smooth transitions from cell to cell, but not always. The spreadsheet is helpful for seeing if the VE Table needs or doesn't need smoothing. An engine will need more fuel at higher RPM's. An engine will need more fuel under heavy load. Accelerating from 0 mph to 70 mph will require more fuel than cruising at 70 mph.

Electronic Ignition!
    I have been doing VE learns and smoothing the fuel tables for the last few weeks. I seem to hover at the 14mpg mark.

While doing more VE learns with my WBO2 this morning, I noticed something. On the Whats up display, my INT and BLM values were locked at 128. It is my understanding that represents stoich in the fuel map. Although, the commanded AFR pretty much stayed at 13.8 to 14.0.

Is it trying to VE learns to 13.8? If so, do I have a setting wrong that is making my base map run rich?

Im just curious if this could be the reason for the low fuel economy.

Fuel Injected!
    are you in closed loop? SBC will have better idle quality with the mixtures you listed. stoich is to keep cat converter from overheating. if you don't have one I wouldn't worry about it. you will see nore milage gains from timing map and lean burn (hiway mode) IMO.

EDIT: you have not told us vehicle, engine type/size, transmission, rear gear ratio, tire size. 14mpg is pretty meaningless to anyone reading...
    Last edited by tayto; 07-11-2022 at 07:13 AM.