Hello all. Got some questions logging data on a 16146299 ECM. Here is what I have.
92 Chevrolet C1500
ECM 16146299 (AWHD) in truck
Data stream definition 99.ads
Bin Definition 99.xdf
Tuner Pro RT Ver. 5.0

I am using a simple single transistor with two 10K resistors to view and log data through the ALDL connector to a USB to serial adapter.
I am able to view and log data in park and drive, however when I start driving I get data errors. I am using Pin E for data, Pin A for ground and Pin H for 12 volts. Pin H may be lower than 12, have to measure again.
Basically just 3 wires to serial adapter. Do I need a better circuit here, I also put a ferrite bead on data line. In looking at the adx file the baud rate is set at 4800 and RS232 echo is checked.
Also, I am not using a 10K resistor. The ADX file says to put it in. As data is flowing I didn't think I needed it, however when I put it on A/B terminals it started to run better as it was idling high in park before and now it idles a lot better on park and drive even though it may be to low. I did not leave resistor in place as I read that it will change the mode if left in. I am having other issues and trying to get mor data before I go replacing anything. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.