Doing some more playing around with my test harness in prep for my jeep 4.0 to 7727 swap. When I tested the harness, I was just using a $8D V8 bin and memcal, with minimal mods (disable egr, and error codes, etc..) I then took a V6 7727 memcal and removed the stock prom and sodered in a 27sf512. I burnt the test bin to it and have been using it to test the other ecm's no problem. I also plan to use this memcal in the the swap, since its 6cyl.

Only thing was, all times I tested a ecm, when I would run the distributor, after a few seconds I would get a check engine light for EST failure. I thought maybe I had a bad module, so I swapped it out and still same error code. Then I thought it maybe was because I was using a 6cyl distributor on a 8cyl bin. So I changed the cylinder number to what it should be for a 6cyl. Tried that and now not only do I get the same EST failure code, I now also get a cylinder select error. If this is a V6 memcal, and the cylinder number is set to 6cyl in the bin, why would I get the cylinder select error? And why would I NOT get it when running a V8 bin on a V6 memcal, but DO get it when I switch bin to 6cyl?

And last, would the est failure be because I am not actually running a engine?

Oh yea, heres my poor mans test setup...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aj9O...ature=youtu.be