Thread: Hello I'm lost and need help.

Carb and Points!

Hello I'm lost and need help.

I have an L59 in a Tahoe and I'm doing a cam swap for the first time. It's a summit sum-8701R1 and I know that tuning is necessary. Now I have managed to clone a p59 with a couple mods, as in no vats and speed cut off raised. But I have no idea what it is I need to do for the cam swap. I do have shorty headers on it as well. I do t know if that's important for tuning. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

First step is generally to fail the MAF sensor so it runs speed density and dial in the VE table. Perhaps target 1 or 2% rich then turn MAF back on and dial in the MAF airflow table. If you have swapped injectors that needs to be calibrated first.
    To fail the MAF, you change the hz for error. Set the the corresponding error code to mil on first error.
    To reenable just change value back to stock.

Hope that helps. Let's us know if you need more in depth help. And what OS you are running.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Carb and Points!
    I'm running os 12592619 with stock computer. My junk yard is running 12587603 and thats the one I'm able to change stuff in but. I can't seem to get the idle to turn up to keep the engine on long enough.

Carb and Points!
    12592618 sorry. These phones aren't the best for typing. But this is my stock os and every time I try to change anything it's shows its corrupt on pcm hammer. I have stock everything aside from the shorty headers and the cam. The other os I have allowa me to change pretty much everything. I've been trying to get the idle up to 800-1000 but it's still staying around 600. I have to missing something. In fact I know I am ihave no idea how all these settings tie together and where the proper change is to be made. I'm using tuner pro by the way.